X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my areas planted last weekend.
    Attached Files

Comment

This is the buck I call Lopside I was tellin yall about. Hes one I'm after this year. This is him in 2014...
      Attached Files

Comment

And him this year 2016... Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
        Attached Files

Comment

You boys are looking good! I'm glad I got my Kansas buck last weekend. I think my only hope in Rusk County will be catching a cruiser in November. 10 cams spread out over 70 acres. Same deer show up on all cams, and only one "legal" buck, but not what I'd call a target buck.

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
            And him this year 2016... Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
            Great googily-moogily! That is a nice buck! It's amazing what they can do when they don't get shot at 2.5 and 3.5. Good luck getting him this year!

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
              Huntin Trinity, Houston, Angelina, and San Augustine counties here. Seeing lots of deer around so far.
              I lost my lease in San Augustine. This year I'm public hunting in Lamar county, at Pat mayse lake on WMA. First time, I know nothing about it. I went up there today and scouted the area, there's like 8000 acres up there to hunt. Anyone ever done this? Do I carry in my tree stand? Do I hunt on the ground, or set up a ground blind? I literally know nothing about it. However with that said, I'll be there somehow at daylight Saturday morning.

Comment

I'm very new newbie. I'm trying to figure out, how do I post? I'm in. I hunt east Texas too. I'm pubic hunting this year lost lease. I'll be in Lamar county hunting lake Pat Mayse WMA. I wish everyone the best of luck! It's almost time, let's get em.

Comment

Sorry for the bad pic. I've had nothing but the same 6 does at the feeder, go and throw some hand corn and what do ya know this big guy comes in. We hunt in Polk county right outside of Livingston.
                  Attached Files

Comment

My advice on the pat mayse public land would be hunt the check in on 1500 towards lamar point or my favorite area that has been good to me is off of 1499 . Turn off of 271 on 1499 follow it till it t's and take a right and follow that road down past sanders creek toward the end of that road last parking area on the left before you get out of the trees . Park there and hunt either side of the road and you will see bucks !! And i lived down that road for 2 years ive seen some good ones driving thru there and hunting also . I still have a climbing stand on a tree there also from 4 years ago lol.

Comment

And never seen another hunter while in the woods . Good luck !

Comment

A new one has shown up this week - Tyler Co... Near Dam B
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TwoPoint View Post

Is that a Mule buck? Nice shooter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TwoPoint View Post

Used to hunt South of there outside of Spurger..that's a giant framed deer for that area.

Comment

Man y'all have got some good bucks coming in!

I decided to just got straight oats for my foot plot this season. I fertilized it pretty good early last week then planted on Tuesday. We got a real good rain Sunday and it was sprouting up good Monday morning. Yesterday evening I already had deer on it eating the young sprouts and they were on it again this morning. I will get a pic of the plot here in a bit.

Comment

Good luck everyone!! I'm heading to South Texas in the morning!!!
                                ...for a dang dove hunt 'cause I ain't got a good bow huntin' spot fixed up yet in the East Texas woods... the DT's are settin' in now and I'm beginnin' to realize just how much I don't like the fact that we lost our lease after 31 years!!!!

The dove hunt should be fun tho... 19 of us all former customers, most retired and good guys to hang out with and the hunt is one of those all inclusive deals with various other mid day activities to do between hunts. Don't know if I will have cell service, but if I do, I'll be checkin' this thread to see how everyone is doing... So POST UP thos LDP's!!

Comment

Working...
                                X