Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

OFFICIAL 2016/17 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im in. I hunt Polk County. Had a good one on Camera back in July Not much action since.

Comment

As mentioned, this is my first year at the new place in Henderson County. When does the Rut generally start around here. I was hearing the last week of October to the first week of November. Do y'all concur?

Comment

I hunted eastern Henderson cty a few years ago and thanksgiving morning it was wide open.

Comment

Rut I have seen can be anywhere from the last few days of October through thanksgiving. Those are the best hunting times around east Texas.

Comment

My neighbors place in Gregg co. is planted in purple hull peas and the deer are just destroying it! Saw 14 on it yesterday afternoon. Bucks and does. The Ol man he let plant them isn't happy haha but the deer sure are. I know what I'm gonna plant on my place next year. This is his second crop. First was across the street next to a pond and they tore it up too. It's covered in goat weed now and a few peas. Made for a good dove hunting hole.

Comment

its planting season. The pictures from up above are from one of my bow sets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods Paul View Post
                Enjoy east Texas-centric threads like this.

Our place is in north Polk County. We had a work weekend this weekend and mowed/ trimmed lanes, filled and triaged feeders, got even more serious about trail cameras after doing MLDP3 camera census survey in August.

I have a question: did anyone else notice bucks' velvet being shed earlier this year? Also, we started seeing scrapes already which seems early. Wondering if that may indicate our rut might be a little earlier.

One last comment. We've never seen bucks hammer the protein as hard as this year as well. Despite wet weather and lush conditions. Lots of non typical antlers with palmated beams, extra kickers, a couple with drop tines. We are seeing 3.5 yr old bucks that have antlers that could pass for older bucks.
                I noticed the same. The pics are slowing down. I've got a few on camera with extra kickers as well and drop tines. I've also noticed the hogs are way less this summer for us. Where in north Polk are y'all? We're in seven oaks.

Comment

With rain in the forecast going to be a good weekend to plant food plots.

Comment

Originally posted by bkb005 View Post
                    Rut I have seen can be anywhere from the last few days of October through thanksgiving. Those are the best hunting times around east Texas.
                    This.

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
                    With rain in the forecast going to be a good weekend to plant food plots.
                    Wassup, Raj?? Good to see you back here again.

Comment

Just put in another food plot this evening, seeded, fertilized, dragged, and now I just need the weather man's forecast to be right for once.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                      Attached Files

Comment

I haven't been around the green screen much this year so I'm just finding this thread. Checked in Johnny! I'll be bouncing around like I always do but won't have as much time to hunt as usual. You can bet the farm that if a sprinkle hits my windshield I'm screaming "RAIN OUT" and heading to the woods!

Good luck to all of y'all. Last year was brutal for me, but I had a lot of fun with the live hunt. I'll be kicking it off again here in a couple of weeks! I got on a lease in Trinity Co, have a new rifle, a new X bow, and new strings for my Hoyt. Somethings gotta bleed!

Comment

Got a few youngins showing up at daylight. This 8 hasn't slipped up yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got out to another place fixing to get everything hooked up and ready to go for this weekend. If you build it they will come! Hopefully good trail cam pics to follow off of this place.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                            Attached Files

Comment

Checked in!
                              I had a ridiculously epic year last year. So if 2016 is even a fraction of what 2015 was, I'll be tickled to death. My main goal will be to get my wife & both sons on shooter bucks in East Texas and I'll head to Kansas in November for my own trophy.
                              Looking forward to seeing & sharing some LDP's.

Comment

Headed out after football tonight to help my brother fix his feeders and if I have time ill swap my cards and throw some hand corn out. Has it been raining in polk county the last few days?

Comment

Working...
                                X