Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another vote for lews

Comment

Got 4 cutados and I like them but started fishing with a couple of Lews and I just like them better, especially the inshore. I've even on several guided trips and have noticed some of the guides using the Lews Inshore

Comment

I too switched from Shimano to Lew's. They're just better reels. Not a pro, but fish 2-3 days a week, nothing but saltwater.

Comment

I haven't used the reels yet but I do have a lews Rod and I really like it.

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
            Concept. Hands down. And I own a Concept, multiple Chronarchs and Curados, and a Revo Inshore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Which concept are you guys throwing? Thinking about trying one of them out as well as the Lew's lite.

Comment

This is good to know. I've always been a fan of the Curados but if there's a better option at a more afforfdable price I'm all about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
                Which concept are you guys throwing? Thinking about trying one of them out as well as the Lew's lite.
                I am only using the A. I can just think about casting and toss a 1/4 lure about 40 yards.

Really, it casts like nothing that I have ever used. I still love my old green Curado reels and my Lews. Great stuff.

Neither is as smooth or casts as easily as my Concept A. It almost casts too easy and I have to remind myself not to try and sling it way out there while hitting schools of specks. I got the A for saltwater and it has held up great. I would like to try the Inception since it has a slightly higher line capacity. To say the A, C and E are tiny is an understatement.

It does have a different casting brake. I usually keep it on 2 unless I am throwing a heavier lure or it is really windy.

Comment

This is the one I'm using. Most comfortable, easiest casting reel I've ever used. My Chronarch Mg 50 is my 2nd favorite reel now.

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
                    This is the one I'm using. Most comfortable, easiest casting reel I've ever used. My Chronarch Mg 50 is my 2nd favorite reel now.

They do feel really smooth but I couldn't pull the trigger for something that much without getting some more details on it

Comment

My son is smoking the Lews Crack. It's all he asked for Christmas. Here it is on his custom rod.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Love my 2 Lews American Heroes!

Comment

I'm no pro (or even close), and I don't have much experience w/Shimanos. Bjt, I've got 6 or 8 Lew's and I love those things. I don't have the model you're talking about, though. MI e have been great. About 4 or 5 years ago, I picked a new one and it had some issues about the 3rd trip out with it. I emailed Lew's that evening when I got home. I described what was going on with it. I got a phone call from customer service the next day. They asked a few more questions. It was as if they truly wanted to know my experience so that they could try to improve their product and minimize malfunctions. It was a very good exchange. At the end of th he call, they gave me info on how to ship it back go them. They asked if it would be ok if they just sent me a replacement as opposed to repairing it. They said they had heard of the issue that I'd had, but hadn't been able to replicate it to that point and hadn't had one sent back for that problem. They wanted mine to try to figure it out. Of course, I said that'd be fine. They shipped me a new one. It arrived in a timely manner. I was really impressed with their customer service. I've had zero problems with the replacement. And, I've had zero problems with any of my other Lew's reels.

Comment

Lots of experience with both, Honestly they are both solid reels depending on the models. I have started throwing lews after 20 years of being a shimano guy. Only customer service inhale had to deal with so far is shimano.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                              Lews hands down. I've owned every Shimano Curado that has been built. Still have them and they are now collecting dust and playing backup reel roles.

The Lews Inshore series really took long casting with mechanical and magnetic cast control to new limits. The mechanical brake blocks are setup on springs, that pull back after the reel's RPM slows down, removing them from further brake control allowing your magnet settings to handle the spools slow down.

I've fished with several folks, who all commented on how much farther I'm making casts over their best setup. I'll stand at the back of my flats skiff, casting over the guy on my front deck and still whip my lure past their bast shot, spinner and or baitcaster, literally 15 yards or more.

I'm sold on the 2013 and newer Lews Inshore reels. Way more advanced than Curado's, and they are super tight with excellent ABEC 5 stainless bearings. I typically pull my Curado bearings after a few trips, replacing them with Boca ceramics. Not with the Lew's...been fishing one and keeping it cleaned and lubed for 2 years now on the stock bearings. It still out casts tuned Curado's, no matter how much I try to tune them to compete.

Can't go wrong and their price point is spot on for the performance! They hold more line, they have better drags and the technology behind their cast control, is one of the best in the industry right now.

I can spool a Lews on one of my custom long rods. Literally every bit of line is gone and it's dangerous since I'm pressing the spool once the line hits the spool knot. My long rods are custom surf casters that can hit 200 yards with a tuned Akios Beast 666 surf reel. The test blank is a Carolina Cast Pro at 12ft, parallel butt, rated at 3 - 7 ounces. Not a trout stick, a serious casting stick for distance. If it can hold 35,000 RPM at launch, I'M SOLD! It can and it performs!

I'll put a video up in a few weeks to show you. It's OBSCENE! The aluminum frame and sideplates can take some serious torque, loading up 4 - 5 ounces on a 60lb test shock leader wound over the spool 4 turns. It's solid, it's strong and it KICKS BUTT!

This thread should be locked right after RKZ's post. That Cat flat knows reels. Now you got me looking at Lews Rob!

Comment

Shimano all day long best reel I've owned

Comment

Working...
                                X