Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have both and the lews lfs inshore in my favorite

Comment

Lews all the way! I used to be a Shimano guy and have switched to all Lews.

Comment

Lews hands down. I've owned every Shimano Curado that has been built. Still have them and they are now collecting dust and playing backup reel roles.

The Lews Inshore series really took long casting with mechanical and magnetic cast control to new limits. The mechanical brake blocks are setup on springs, that pull back after the reel's RPM slows down, removing them from further brake control allowing your magnet settings to handle the spools slow down.

I've fished with several folks, who all commented on how much farther I'm making casts over their best setup. I'll stand at the back of my flats skiff, casting over the guy on my front deck and still whip my lure past their bast shot, spinner and or baitcaster, literally 15 yards or more.

I'm sold on the 2013 and newer Lews Inshore reels. Way more advanced than Curado's, and they are super tight with excellent ABEC 5 stainless bearings. I typically pull my Curado bearings after a few trips, replacing them with Boca ceramics. Not with the Lew's...been fishing one and keeping it cleaned and lubed for 2 years now on the stock bearings. It still out casts tuned Curado's, no matter how much I try to tune them to compete.

Can't go wrong and their price point is spot on for the performance! They hold more line, they have better drags and the technology behind their cast control, is one of the best in the industry right now.

I can spool a Lews on one of my custom long rods. Literally every bit of line is gone and it's dangerous since I'm pressing the spool once the line hits the spool knot. My long rods are custom surf casters that can hit 200 yards with a tuned Akios Beast 666 surf reel. The test blank is a Carolina Cast Pro at 12ft, parallel butt, rated at 3 - 7 ounces. Not a trout stick, a serious casting stick for distance. If it can hold 35,000 RPM at launch, I'M SOLD! It can and it performs!

I'll put a video up in a few weeks to show you. It's OBSCENE! The aluminum frame and sideplates can take some serious torque, loading up 4 - 5 ounces on a 60lb test shock leader wound over the spool 4 turns. It's solid, it's strong and it KICKS BUTT!
        Last edited by AtTheWall; 06-17-2016, 08:29 PM.

Comment

I fished with both and prefer my shimano chronarch Ci4.

Comment

Lews not even in the same league as good shimano reels.

Comment

Pure Shimano here

Comment

I've got an old Shimano Calyx I use and love that reel. I can't find them anywhere used even tried eBay. Never fished a Lews but will look into one.

Comment

Use both and I think my Lews is a bit smoother. Curados do need a tune up but as it stands now, I reach for the Lews first.

Comment

I've always been a diehard Shimano man, but I must say I've been pretty impressed with LEWS reels. I still wouldn't trade my Curado's or Scorpions, but I think LEWS makes a better reel for the money. Really can't go wrong with either.

Comment

Both are solid reels. I fish both.

Comment

I have a Lews BB1 that i bought back in the 70s, i mostly fished fresh water and a little salt water with it and it still don't meet a beat

Comment

Shimano has went to crap the last few years, Lews hands down for me and the customer service is awesome. I got a used reel with a broken side plate and they sent me a new one complete with bearings and the whole 9 yards no questions asked!

Comment

I thought a Lews that I had many years ago was not even in the same league as a Shimano. Go forward about 25 years and I bought a Lews SD1XH after a recommendation on TBH.

I have fished two seasons with it in saltwater. The only thing that I have done to it is wash it after use. Before that my go to reels where three old green Curado. They are still very good reels. My Lews is way better however. It is smoother and casts farther then the Curados when they were new. I haven't bought any of the newer Shimano reels so have no clue as to the quality.

The only thing that I now like better than my Lews is my 13 Fishing Concept.

Comment

I recently bought a Lews American Hero combo. Curado goes into backup mode now. The Lews casts better and is by far smoother. Neat thing is a portion of what you pay for the package goes to help wounded veterans.

Comment

Lews!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X