Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best was to keep chicken liver on a treble hook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the best was to keep chicken liver on a treble hook?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This man has thought me every thing I know about shrimping, crawfishing, mullet fishing, bass fishing, nutria hunting, gator hunting, and catfishing that I know. He's 78 years old and still out works any 30 year old I know. He's been on only in America with Larry the Cable guy, bizarre foods with Andre Zimmer and Paradise faded documentary and is still going strong in 2016 at 78! Not to mention he doesn't fish with liver. We use cut shad for channel cats for rod and reel .

This the the only man I know to kill a wood duck with a boat paddle and have it mounted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Black Ice; 05-09-2016, 11:19 PM.

Comment

A piece of sewing thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=Pullersboy;11317894]My FIL taught me this trick a few years back. Works pretty well. You can also use table salt. Just open it up, drain off the liquid and pour on the salt. I like to mix it in a bit too. This is best done the day before so it has more time to soak out the moisture and firm up the liver.

^^^^ This...............

Comment

Try beef liver. It is more firm and most grocery stores sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by wanderin39 View Post
            I just put garlic salt and let it dry some, works well for me.
            I've done this and it seems to work very well. Fish in our ponds love it. The longer it sets the better it gets.

Comment

I always tie a snap swivel on my line, push the eye of the hook through the liver until the points poke through then put the hook on the swivel. You have to take the hook off the swivel every time but it stays pretty well. Add sewing thread to this method and it holds even better.

Comment

Working...
              X