Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best was to keep chicken liver on a treble hook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey liver works pretty good and stays on the hook beter than chicken livers.

Comment

Cut the panty house in squares. Put a clump of livers in the panty hose. Close it up and twist at the top. Hook through the twisted panty hose and back through the liver ball. Blues like liver also. I guess it just depends on where you fish. Where I fish, there's almost no channel cats.

Comment

I take the livers and cut them into quarter size pieces. Then use an old aluminum pan that I cover the bottom with kosher sat and garlic powder. Then I layer the pieces on top. Then put more salt and garlic powder on them. Takes a day or two but they come out tough and the eating size channel cats love them.

Comment

Turkey livers.

Comment

I don't understand why someone would sacrifice perfectly good, tasty chicken livers to catch a nasty ol catfish!

Comment

1/2" elastic medical tubing tie it in a knot about 1-1/2" from the end then cut it under the knot turn it inside out and drop the liver in run hook through the top, twist, then hook through the center till barb is exposed

Comment

Put a pack of strawberry jello mix in the tub and let it sit overnight. Toughens it up really good. The catfish love it so much you'll have to hid behind a tree to bait your hook.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  I don't understand why someone would sacrifice perfectly good, tasty chicken livers to catch a nasty ol catfish!
                  Amen, with red devil and salt.

Comment

Panty hose and a rubber band around the hook shaft..

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      because chicken livers are neither perfect or good tasting , they are nasty and catfish love nasty baits...

Comment

What happened to p & g soap. They still make it?

Comment

You boys don't know how to catfish until you follow my family's recipe.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPrvJOXkSNo&sns=em"]PoBoy Fishing With Robbie (Hoop Net Fishing) - YouTube[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                            You boys don't know how to catfish until you follow my family's recipe.

PoBoy Fishing With Robbie (Hoop Net Fishing) - YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By God that woman is fire water from were I come from!

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                              because chicken livers are neither perfect or good tasting , they are nasty and catfish love nasty baits...
                              Give me a basket of fried gizzards and livers all day! Toss in a DP and some fries if you want to.

Comment

Soak chicken hearts in with the livers, they never come off the hook! When used fresh and in muddy water they work well!

Comment

Working...
                                X