Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best was to keep chicken liver on a treble hook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the info!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
      Use better bait lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      There's no better bait.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
        There's no better bait.

There is if you want to catch real catfish.

Comment

Here's what I do

Get a pack of chicken gizzards. Put em in a plastic tub. Then take the entire container of chicken livers and put em in your wife's blender with the blood and everything. Blend it up and pour that disgustingness over the chicken gizzards. Cover and soak overnight. Next morning those gizzards will have soaked up all that horrifying smell and after you dry heave 3-4 times while trying to get one on a hook it'll chum the water as soon as it plops in. Guaranteed to work everytime.

Definitely wear gloves if using this bait and definitely do not spill on your crotch.

Comment

Originally posted by wanderin39 View Post
            I just put garlic salt and let it dry some, works well for me.
            Yep

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post

Definitely wear gloves if using this bait and definitely do not spill on your crotch.
              Speaking from experience?

Comment

I just wrap around the liver with sewing thread. Stays on pretty good

Comment

Some old California men ( wife's uncle's) used treble hooks with the line already tied with the loop on the end. Poke small hole in liver and slid your piece down. They used marshmallows to make them float!

Comment

Originally posted by shwacker1911 View Post
                    Rock salt
                    My FIL taught me this trick a few years back. Works pretty well. You can also use table salt. Just open it up, drain off the liquid and pour on the salt. I like to mix it in a bit too. This is best done the day before so it has more time to soak out the moisture and firm up the liver.

I've heard the panty hose works quite well too. I've just never done it myself.

Comment

Sprinkle with garlic and salt, then sun bake. Hold on the hook better and "comes back to life" after a few sec in the water all while staying hooked.

jrg

Comment

Best thing to do is dip the livers in flour, then fry & eat.

Then go catch some small gray crawfish, and buy a box of straight shank 1/0 SS hooks.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                          There is if you want to catch real catfish.
                          Well you needed a disclaimer. I prefer the fake ones.

Oh and live crappie is illegal!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                            Well you needed a disclaimer. I prefer the fake ones.

Oh and live crappie is illegal!!

Lol. They love crappie is what I've heard. Can't beat chicken liver for Channel cats but I prefer to chase the big blues and Goujon.

Comment

Somebody said hearts! We used to keep all our dove and quail hearts for bait, very good catfish bait.

Comment

thread it on your hook take a spool of sewing thread and give it a few wraps of thread once its one the hook and then u can fling it

Comment

Working...
                                X