4th Grade Math

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
    ...unless the overall topic of the worksheet was reflex angles. (It's a joke)
    Don't be Obtuse...

Comment

This is Texas, I thought that we didn't allow Ray to be shared.........

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
        Don't be Obtuse...

I'm sure he's acutely aware of it

Comment

π

Comment

Do not like the way it is worded. But I get 17 degrees for angle ABD

Comment

Wow! Don't ask me to solve this! Math is my lifelong nemesis and I'm still working on this problem and have been for over 50 years!:

Two trains leave the station at the same time, one heading west and the other east. The westbound train travels 20 miles per hour slower than the eastbound train. If the two trains are 900 miles apart after 5 hours, what is the rate of the westbound train?

In my world, I would assume that these are Amtrak trains and one, or both, will be running late and/or derail! Hence, the answer can't be known!

Comment

Originally posted by ZZ Pops View Post
                Wow! Don't ask me to solve this! Math is my lifelong nemesis and I'm still working on this problem and have been for over 50 years!:

Two trains leave the station at the same time, one heading west and the other east. The westbound train travels 20 miles per hour slower than the eastbound train. If the two trains are 900 miles apart after 5 hours, what is the rate of the westbound train?

In my world, I would assume that these are Amtrak trains and one, or both, will be running late and/or derail! Hence, the answer can't be known!
                80 miles per hour; assuming it isn't late or derailed...

Comment

I'll be durn. Redneck nerds. Whats this world comin to?

Comment

Listen to Heisenberg! He has made millions on calculations.

Comment

OP's kid drew the problem wrong. The two angles as described should be drawn and labeled consistently (standard teaching would be both clockwise but could also be both counterclockwise) and be additive. Mac got it right and can now graduate to 5th grade. Those of you who said 17... put too much trust in the 4th grader.

Comment

Working...
                      X