No announcement yet.

Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My kid is fortunate to play at a HS with good coaching and a good program. I don't know of many if any on the program that did not play some sort of tournament ball before HS. It is by no mans a requirement but just a fact of life. I like his HS staff and think they will do everything they can for his baseball career. One consideration and something that has changed is recruiting.
    If I was a college coach and was looking for prospects. I have time to go watch. Do I goto a PG tournament with 20-50 possible kids of interest or goto a HS game with 1 or 2?

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      My kid is fortunate to play at a HS with good coaching and a good program. I don't know of many if any on the program that did not play some sort of tournament ball before HS. It is by no mans a requirement but just a fact of life. I like his HS staff and think they will do everything they can for his baseball career. One consideration and something that has changed is recruiting.
      If I was a college coach and was looking for prospects. I have time to go watch. Do I goto a PG tournament with 20-50 possible kids of interest or goto a HS game with 1 or 2?

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
        Dont care what anybody says - it may be the number of teams / levels now available, but our rec league was NOTHING compared to the competition my Son receives from where he plays now. They aren't even the same sport really. And hearing the kiddos doing well is something I enjoy.

On a pretty awesome note I finally won one of those auctions. In all the games I played, I spent $125 and won a pro preferred Rawlings 11 3/4 glove for the little guy. I was stoked, haha. That thing is a work of art.
        nice!
        I like "winning" those auctions too .. them some nice gloves!

Comment

One of our coaches is a retired high school coach, he does very well with the boys.
          Last edited by Txprowler; 11-13-2017, 08:54 AM.

Comment

so ..question about u-trip tourneys.. this tourney was split into two brackets (6 teams each..).. winners and losers...
            our boys mercy ruled to 4-0 and won the winners... got the high ranking points as one would expect.. against teams that were also in the winners bracket...

the 'winners' of the Losers bracket... got higher ranking points than the 2nd and 3rd place teams of the Winners bracket...

Is that normal in u-trip? seems like an easy way to sandbag your way up in rankings..

Comment

Couple of things...we have a 10u team in Ellis County and need a player or 2. Only cost is a 10 way split of monthly field rentals, tournament fee's etc. Uniforms are done by the cost at or below cost. PM me if interested

also how many 10u dads are on here? You guys interested in getting the boys together and playing a game or tournament together sometime?

Comment

Originally posted by gofish24 View Post
                Couple of things...we have a 10u team in Ellis County and need a player or 2. Only cost is a 10 way split of monthly field rentals, tournament fee's etc. Uniforms are done by the cost at or below cost. PM me if interested

also how many 10u dads are on here? You guys interested in getting the boys together and playing a game or tournament together sometime?

I'm a 10u Dad, but other than that, I got nada to do with the team. We play out of Triple Creek up in McKinney.

Coach has shut the kiddos down til First of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                  Big props, you and lil gingi share an opinion
                  Ha - go read just the first page of this thread -

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    so ..question about u-trip tourneys.. this tourney was split into two brackets (6 teams each..).. winners and losers...
                    our boys mercy ruled to 4-0 and won the winners... got the high ranking points as one would expect.. against teams that were also in the winners bracket...

the 'winners' of the Losers bracket... got higher ranking points than the 2nd and 3rd place teams of the Winners bracket...

Is that normal in u-trip? seems like an easy way to sandbag your way up in rankings..
                    The ranking points are somewhat of a farce IMO, they reward you for planing their tournaments. The power ratings are a little betterway to gauge the teams.

Comment

The ranking points are somewhat of a farce IMO, they reward you for planing their tournaments. The power ratings are a little betterway to gauge the teams.
                      Yeh I'm seeing that... and Larson is still the person i remember him to be

Comment

Yes. U-Trip in Houston will split the majority of their tournaments.

U-Trip will allow you to sign up at whatever level you wish. i.e. sandbag. Them splitting their fields puts the teams that are playing well or that should be playing in a higher division in the top brackets.

You guys are either ahead of the curve and/or pretty talented. If you win and dominate another tournament then you probably get bumped to AAA. 8U is tough because the better teams typically stop playing coach pitch in the fall and move onto kid pitch at least half the time in the spring.

Comment

Ranking points means nothing significant. Its just deals with the number of tournaments you play. The Power ranking is better, but not perfect because it takes Saturday wins/losses into account. It would be better if the power rating was determined by bracket play only results. Teams are playing their best lineups on Sundays.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleCharlie View Post
                            Yes. U-Trip in Houston will split the majority of their tournaments.

U-Trip will allow you to sign up at whatever level you wish. i.e. sandbag. Them splitting their fields puts the teams that are playing well or that should be playing in a higher division in the top brackets.

You guys are either ahead of the curve and/or pretty talented. If you win and dominate another tournament then you probably get bumped to AAA. 8U is tough because the better teams typically stop playing coach pitch in the fall and move onto kid pitch at least half the time in the spring.
                            Yeh.. we have no illusions that we will moved up.. and thats ok.. this team is about getting the boys into competitions above them...they rise to the occasion so far..

but it sure does suck for 'good' teams that arent 'quite' there yet ..but still very good, to get jacked over, rank/points wise by sand baggers winning loser bracket champioinships

Comment

Don't get caught up in it as some teams will chase rings. In a year nobody cares about them. We had a coach that didn't stall because we were up by a run. He rushed kids out to try and get another inning in. Get them out in game situations under pressure it what is important. Teach them to win and loose with class

Comment

Yeh.. we have no illusions that we will moved up.. and thats ok.. this team is about getting the boys into competitions above them...they rise to the occasion so far..

but it sure does suck for 'good' teams that arent 'quite' there yet ..but still very good, to get jacked over, rank/points wise by sand baggers winning loser bracket champioinships
                                we know the feeling, i just looked back at it and when my oldest was in his 8u fall we started AA, we got 5th in the first tourney then won the 2nd and they bumped us to AAA. we ended up with an 6-0 record against AA and an 8-8 record against AAA but we had some big losses. we really would have liked to see them play at least 1 more AA tournament.

the next year in 9u, we started in AAA and ended as majors, we went 12-0 against AAA teams and 5-16 against majors teams.

this fall we were majors and went 2-0 against 10uAAA and 6-7 against majors.

we are right at the "not quite there yet" point, although i feel like we have closed the gap on the top teams. we just added 2 new kids this week that are supposed to be upgrades, even though one we lost was at worst our #2 pitcher

Comment

Working...
                                X