Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little man doin work.

Comment

Most HS coaches are a joke in my book just an extra paycheck. These days the HS coach depends on the select coaches to get them going and has little to do with the development of the kids period. There are many years of development going on before they even get to HS they just want on the glory when they sign.

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
        skate park?? really? my kid was a hell of a player without select ball thank you

I was a high school coach - I think I understand how this all works - may work out for a few but the majority end up with lots of money down the drain and coaches making the money - lots of parents egos get fed by select ball

I don't think you're totally wrong with your statements. Last spring was the first time that we played select ball(just 9U) and the coach wants my son back this year. I'm just not sure that we're going to go back this year. Just a lot of things that I saw that made me think not all the kids were enjoying it all that much. Listening to some parents in the stands was a turn off, but that happens in rec ball too.

But I do know that it's good family time for a lot of people and there are a ton of kids that do like it. They definitely benefit from the higher levels of competition and better instruction they receive than they do in rec ball.

If people can afford it, have the time and it's all about the kids then select ball is where they need to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

MBV77- if your kid decides to play later in a select format do your homework
          And find a good group of parents. It can be a lot of fun

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            Boys won their first utrip tourney at baseball USA... played great fundamental baseball and run ruled all but one team...including the championship game.
            Defense was on point.
            Pretty proud of my baller... he worked hard and it paid off for him.

That’s awesome!! Congrats to y’all on he win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
              Most HS coaches are a joke in my book just an extra paycheck. These days the HS coach depends on the select coaches to get them going and has little to do with the development of the kids period. There are many years of development going on before they even get to HS they just want on the glory when they sign.
              Spoken by someone I am am sure who has a wealth of coaching experience. How about the majority of kids who don’t “sign”. HS coaches have no impact on the kids they coach? You ae clueless

Comment

No one asked nor does anyone give two ****s what your opinion is.
                Hit a nerve I see. I went back and read the thread. Seems there are some folks who agree with me so some may care what my opinion is. Oh and 101 pitches at 10 years old? Thats nice
                Last edited by TKK; 11-12-2017, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Well we have been taking my son to several tryouts over the past couple of weeks. He has had offers from every team he has tried out for.

Decisions, Decisions

Comment

Spoken by someone I am am sure who has a wealth of coaching experience. How about the majority of kids who don’t “sign”. HS coaches have no impact on the kids they coach? You ae clueless
                    I can assure you the coaching and experience is there. I have seen a ton of HS coaches that don't know squat about baseball not all but a lot. How many years does the HS coach know about his players coming in probably nothing? The select coaches work years of development before they even get to HS. I have been to many college exposures and see the select coaches working their tails off and then the big signing day goes on at the school and the HS coach takes in all the glory LOL! Don't take it personal just what I see every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                      I can assure you the coaching and experience is there. I have seen a ton of HS coaches that don't know squat about baseball not all but a lot. How many years does the HS coach know about his players coming in probably nothing? The select coaches work years of development before they even get to HS. I have been to many college exposures and see the select coaches working their tails off and then the big signing day goes on at the school and the HS coach takes in all the glory LOL! Don't take it personal just what I see every year.
                      So tell me your coaching background? T ball? You slamming HS coaches is really sad. And for every kid who “signs” another 20 never play again but had a chance to play under a dedicated HS coach
                      Last edited by TKK; 11-12-2017, 09:35 PM.

Comment

35 plus years playing and coaching and my Dad umpired for 40 plus years. Started coaching T-Ball, but worked my way up through the select ball. Not bashing HS coaches just telling like I see it and again not all are bad. Not all will sign, but a large majority that play at a high level select ball will have a really good chance at playing at the next level. Don't get me wrong I have ran across some really great HS coaches and really enjoyed working with them, but there are a lot that are clueless. Like I said don't take it personal just the way it is with some schools not all.

Comment

Boys won their first utrip tourney at baseball USA... played great fundamental baseball and run ruled all but one team...including the championship game.
                          Defense was on point.
                          Pretty proud of my baller... he worked hard and it paid off for him.
                          Yaaaaa buddy - that's greatness.

Comment

Dont care what anybody says - it may be the number of teams / levels now available, but our rec league was NOTHING compared to the competition my Son receives from where he plays now. They aren't even the same sport really. And hearing the kiddos doing well is something I enjoy.

On a pretty awesome note I finally won one of those auctions. In all the games I played, I spent $125 and won a pro preferred Rawlings 11 3/4 glove for the little guy. I was stoked, haha. That thing is a work of art.

Comment

Hit a nerve I see. I went back and read the thread. Seems there are some folks who agree with me so some may care what my opinion is. Oh and 101 pitches at 10 years old? Thats nice
                              Big props, you and lil gingi share an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                                Dont care what anybody says - it may be the number of teams / levels now available, but our rec league was NOTHING compared to the competition my Son receives from where he plays now. They aren't even the same sport really. And hearing the kiddos doing well is something I enjoy.

On a pretty awesome note I finally won one of those auctions. In all the games I played, I spent $125 and won a pro preferred Rawlings 11 3/4 glove for the little guy. I was stoked, haha. That thing is a work of art.
                                Haha sweet!

Comment

Working...
                                X