No announcement yet.

Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most teams are using game changer now or similar apps. Sign up to follow your team and if it is being done correctly you can monitor his pitch count that way as well. Our boys are 10u and only once have we ever allowed a boy to throw 75 pitches over a 2 day period.

Comment

My son has played select since 6u, he now play's 11u for RBI from Mont Belvieu.

Comment

Game changer is fairly accurate but I've seen Mom's miss a pitch or two. I use an old fashioned clicker.

Comment

We have a pitch count app. My wife puts in every pitch

Comment

The kid who threw 101 was 10, and actually threw 37 pitches during pool play the day before apparently.

My Son went into the 5th inning and threw 72 pitches Saturday. My kiddo's Coaches told him he was not allowed to pitch on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
              The kid who threw 101 was 10, and actually threw 37 pitches during pool play the day before apparently.

My Son went into the 5th inning and threw 72 pitches Saturday. My kiddo's Coaches told him he was not allowed to pitch on Sunday.
              Ridiculous and inexcusable!

A buddy of mine's son (12U) is on a new team this Fall. He pitched last Saturday and threw 60 pitches. Sunday rolls around and he starts Game 1 at 11:45 and pitches 45 pitches. Game 2 at 4:45, tight game and they bring him in in the 3rd inning and he throws 25 more.

130 pitches in 2 days on no rest....complete BS.

All parents have an obligation to watch the pitch count and should dictate terms to the coach of what he can and can't do if needed. Don't let them tell you that they are watching for signs of fatigue or they can tell when he's done. Watch the pitch count and enforce it. If they don't agree, look for a new team!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
                Ridiculous and inexcusable!

A buddy of mine's son (12U) is on a new team this Fall. He pitched last Saturday and threw 60 pitches. Sunday rolls around and he starts Game 1 at 11:45 and pitches 45 pitches. Game 2 at 4:45, tight game and they bring him in in the 3rd inning and he throws 25 more.

130 pitches in 2 days on no rest....complete BS.

All parents have an obligation to watch the pitch count and should dictate terms to the coach of what he can and can't do if needed. Don't let them tell you that they are watching for signs of fatigue or they can tell when he's done. Watch the pitch count and enforce it. If they don't agree, look for a new team!
                Some of our Parents were getting pretty ticked during the game. I understand the frustrations, but at the same time, talking back and forth during the game with the kiddo out there is not the place / time to address an obvious issue.

I felt bad for the kiddo. He was a great little pitcher.

Comment

Boys won their first utrip tourney at baseball USA... played great fundamental baseball and run ruled all but one team...including the championship game.
                  Defense was on point.
                  Pretty proud of my baller... he worked hard and it paid off for him.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    Boys won their first utrip tourney at baseball USA... played great fundamental baseball and run ruled all but one team...including the championship game.
                    Defense was on point.
                    Pretty proud of my baller... he worked hard and it paid off for him.
                    awesome

Comment

I did not even read this thread - select baseball??? It is a scam - sooner or later all the parents here will figure that out

Comment

TKK. It is not for every family or player. Some kids may want to play but don't have the athletic talent to play. Some parents may not want to devote the time. If a kid wants to play and the family can afford to go it can be a lot of fun. I have people I consider friends that we played ball against and with. Spent a lot of time with them in parking lots eating tailgate lunch and spent time with my feet in the sand at the beach during tournaments with them. It does take time and money- But as I type this and think of my kids teammates I can't think of any that are on the wrong track and most are honor role kids. Go ahead TKK and send your kid the skate park

Comment

Y'all keep it going with yalls kids teams and results. I enjoy reading about them and miss parts of it. Mine now goes everywhere with other kids on his team and since some of them drive I get little involvement

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            TKK. It is not for every family or player. Some kids may want to play but don't have the athletic talent to play. Some parents may not want to devote the time. If a kid wants to play and the family can afford to go it can be a lot of fun. I have people I consider friends that we played ball against and with. Spent a lot of time with them in parking lots eating tailgate lunch and spent time with my feet in the sand at the beach during tournaments with them. It does take time and money- But as I type this and think of my kids teammates I can't think of any that are on the wrong track and most are honor role kids. Go ahead TKK and send your kid the skate park
                            skate park?? really? my kid was a hell of a player without select ball thank you

I was a high school coach - I think I understand how this all works - may work out for a few but the majority end up with lots of money down the drain and coaches making the money - lots of parents egos get fed by select ball
                            Last edited by TKK; 11-12-2017, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
                              skate park?? really? my kid was a hell of a player without select ball thank you

I was a high school coach - I think I understand how this all works - may work out for a few but the majority end up with lots of money down the drain and coaches making the money - lots of parents egos get fed by select ball
                              No one asked nor does anyone give two ****s what your opinion is.

Comment

Just because you and your kid didn't choose this route does mean it's a scam or it's bad. Hell kids just had 5 sign this week and they all played select ball. Some may have been able to sign with or without it. My kid is a Sophmore and is too young for college coaches to contact as you know but he has been invited to several workouts and has attended. Most coaches want to know what tournament team he is involved with so they can see game play and it's hard for them to attend when it's not their offseason. What HS did you coach and did you send multiple kids to the next level every year?

Comment

Working...
                                X