No announcement yet.

Covert camera wireless App?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got home yesterday from the gulf and my camera was at the house. Got it set up and running yesterday. Liking the new app and the $75 for the upgrade was well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
      I've been so disappointed trying to get this to work.
      Multiple phone calls and emails.
      Their support just seems a little disorganized!
      Their support is different now for the cell cams. The app and the billing for the app are handled by a 3rd party company. So sometimes when there are issues all their CS can do is take down the issue and contact the 3rd party for resolution....nature of the beast with the new technology.

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
      Got home yesterday from the gulf and my camera was at the house. Got it set up and running yesterday. Liking the new app and the $75 for the upgrade was well worth it.
      After you've had time for it to get and send a few dozen pics, pull the SD card and compare the number of pictures on the card to the number successfully transmitted to the app. Don't use a multi pic/burst setting. It's easier to keep track of with one pic per trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
        I was under the impression that if using the solar panel it would only charge 4 batteries. Are you saying if I put all 12 batteries in my camera it will keep all of them charged? I tried it with the covert panel and 4 batteries and wasn't impressed with the results. Trying to figure out how a 6 volt panel will maintain a 18 volt battery pack?

Simple, it's not a 18 volt battery pack.
        With all 12 batteries in the camera, you have three 6volt battery packs in parallel.
        The "run time" is increased in parallel, not the voltage.
        The voltage is increased in series.

Comment

Originally posted by denowt View Post
          Simple, it's not a 18 volt battery pack.
          With all 12 batteries in the camera, you have three 6volt battery packs in parallel.
          The "run time" is increased in parallel, not the voltage.
          The voltage is increased in series.

Makes sense. I wonder why Covert told me to only use 4 rechargeable batteries when a panel is connected? Maybe I should try it again with the panel and all 12 rechargeable batteries.

Comment

I've been running my covert will all battery slots full of enveloop AA's, with a regular ole academy 12 volt deer feeder battery connected via the covert 12 volt/6 volt cable, and a solar panel on the deer feeder battery since last Oct and it hasn't dropped from level 9 in batteries once. I probably get 100 - 150 pics a day and have 1-2 bars of signal on average. Pretty good to me considering my place is 5+ hours away

Comment

Originally posted by denowt View Post
              I have the Covert 12v-6v adapter.
              I am going to cut off the end and use a 6v battery instead.
              The adapter uses(wastes) power and will slowly drain the battery faster than the solar panel can recharge it.
              I have to recharge my 12v battery about every 60 days or so.
              If I don't pull the battery, the camera will draw it down to 6volts before it starts to show less than 9 battery strength on the pics.
              Once a 12volt battery is discharged that low, it often is ruined and won't take a charge any more.
              I ruined 2 brand new batteries before I realized what was happening.

The camera actually runs off of 6volts, so I'm not sure why they came up with the 12-6volt adapter in the first place.
              I've got two of these setups with 12 volt deer feeder batteries connected with the covert 12v/6v cable that have been out for much longer than 60 days (one has been out for 6+ months and the other 3+ months) and have no noticed any drainage like you are seeing. I'd check your connections and make sure your solar panel has a diode to prevent discharging at night.

or maybe you happened to get a bad cable? If you can prove it is discharging the battery, why not return it as that is not supposed to happen?

Comment

I picked up a new 2016 Covert and LOVE the app. Only been 2 days but I love the new features

I have the same setup mentioned above as GITERRELL but have not gotten 6 months from it.

I am looking into new options as well....Weird how so many people have mixed results.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                  I picked up a new 2016 Covert and LOVE the app. Only been 2 days but I love the new features

I have the same setup mentioned above as GITERRELL but have not gotten 6 months from it.

I am looking into new options as well....Weird how so many people have mixed results.
                  I forgot to mention, I do have a heavy duty solar panel from ultramatic feeders, 150mA vs the normal 70mA you get from most panels on the shelf today. Figured the difference in cost would pay for itself in gas and time recharging AA's all the time.

Comment

ttt

Trying to figure out the best battery setup for 2 new Covert's

Comment

ttt

Comment

Still wondering if want to stay with 12v battery or the bigger 6v battery mentioned above...Anyone have knowledge on batteries and what will last longer?

Also with the new 2016 models and the app...I took mine off Real Time because I heard its a battery hog. I put it on .5 hour delay and sent 4 commands for pics over 2 days and never got a pic

Comment

Was the picture request working instantly every time when you had real time on?

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                            Was the picture request working instantly every time when you had real time on?
                            Yes. And still is. I tried it last night

Comment

With the GoCams if you don't have real time on the "take picture" command does not work. It's the only command that doesn't "queue" up. Don't know if it's that way with covert or not. The fact that youre getting a pic when with real time on makes me think it might be the same. With the GoCam I just use the scheduled events menu to program a daily picture event or two so I know the camera is working, even if there are no critters triggering it.

Comment

I am also thinking the same as it only sends a command pic when it is on real time..

Comment

Working...
                                X