Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
    [ATTACH]778633[/ATTACH]
    We quartered him up and I'm packing him out. Stil about 2 miles from the truck.
    Nice hog, congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by rch View Post
      Rjet good meeting you today
      Nice meeting you also.

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
        Same... $60000-70000
        We wondered if it was confiscated from somebody who was breaking federal laws (poaching, drug trafficking, etc) couldn't see the federal government budgeting that much money for 1 truck (although they pay outrageous prices for everything else I have been told)

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
          We wondered if it was confiscated from somebody who was breaking federal laws (poaching, drug trafficking, etc) couldn't see the federal government budgeting that much money for 1 truck (although they pay outrageous prices for everything else I have been told)
          Warden told some of the guys I was hunting with that they got a deal on multiple raptors in the 30k range.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
            i didn't consider confiscation...

while i went googling i found someone say they see them all the time on border patrol.

sure enough, google images shows raptors for border patrols agents too...

Comment

Originally posted by rjet View Post
              Warden told some of the guys I was hunting with that they got a deal on multiple raptors in the 30k range.
              wow, that's a killer deal

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
                wow, that's a killer deal
                I dont think anyone believed him.
                For that price I would sure get in line to get one.

Comment

I passed him on the way to Paradise Cove and had to do a double take.

Nice rig.

Comment

If y'all like the hagerman raptor, you'll love the Texas Rangers SRT teams Hennessy Raptors!

Comment

Just a heads up. Looks like TPWD will now manage all the hunts on Federal Wildlife Refuges.

News Release
                      Southwest Region (Arizona ● New Mexico ● Oklahoma ●Texas) www.fws.gov/southwest/ For Immediate Release: March 4, 2016

Wildlife Refuge Seeks Public Input on Hunt Fee Changes
                      Aransas National Wildlife Refuge (NWR) is proposing a fee increase for the 2016-2017 big game hunt season. Through this scoping process, Aransas NWR is seeking public input to facilitate identification of issues and concerns regarding fee changes to the hunting program at the refuge.

The purpose of this fee increase is to allow Aransas NWR to utilize Texas Parks and Wildlife’s (TPWD) on-line only public hunt draw system. This partnership with TPWD will provide technical expertise and special capabilities to improve customer service, streamline operations, and reduce government costs for public hunting lands services program administration while reducing Aransas NWR staff workload. TPWD provides drawn public hunts through an online only drawing system that offers loyalty points, secondary draws, secure online ordering, multiple purchases, online payment and online order confirmation. Through this system, TPWD brings manual paper processes online, including public hunt applications and public hunt permits. TPWD is focused on rapidly delivering effective solutions to reduce paperwork, increase efficiency, expand service availability, and enhance customer satisfaction.

Under this new process, the application fee will be $3.00 for each adult hunter. After a lottery drawing, selected hunters will be notified by e-mail and will then purchase their permit for $130.00 for either rifle (5 day) or archery (9+ day) hunts.

All TPWD managed hunt areas and U.S. Forest Service lands in Texas are currently using this system with great success and by being part of this system, Aransas NWR hunters can easily also apply for many hunts throughout Texas. Hunters should be able to browse the drawn hunt catalog by refuge, hunt category, and location using interactive maps. This could eventually become a one- stop shop for Federal and State public hunting opportunities in the Texas.
                      The public is encouraged to provide input by writing to: Laura Bonneau, Visitor Services Manager, at laura_bonneau@fws.gov or P.O. Box 100, Austwell, Texas 77950.

Comments will be accepted until 5:00 pm on March 18th.
                      The mission of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is working with others to conserve, protect and enhance fish, wildlife, plants and their habitats for the continuing benefit of the American people. We are both a leader and trusted partner in fish and wildlife conservation, known for our scientific excellence, stewardship of lands and natural resources, dedicated professionals and commitment to public service.

Comment

spotted sunday in whitesboro...

who are you?

did you hunt hagerman?

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                          Just a heads up. Looks like TPWD will now manage all the hunts on Federal Wildlife Refuges.

News Release

Southwest Region (Arizona New Mexico Oklahoma Texas) www.fws.gov/southwest/ For Immediate Release: March 4, 2016

Wildlife Refuge Seeks Public Input on Hunt Fee Changes

Aransas National Wildlife Refuge (NWR) is proposing a fee increase for the 2016-2017 big game hunt season. Through this scoping process, Aransas NWR is seeking public input to facilitate identification of issues and concerns regarding fee changes to the hunting program at the refuge.

The purpose of this fee increase is to allow Aransas NWR to utilize Texas Parks and Wildlife’s (TPWD) on-line only public hunt draw system. This partnership with TPWD will provide technical expertise and special capabilities to improve customer service, streamline operations, and reduce government costs for public hunting lands services program administration while reducing Aransas NWR staff workload. TPWD provides drawn public hunts through an online only drawing system that offers loyalty points, secondary draws, secure online ordering, multiple purchases, online payment and online order confirmation. Through this system, TPWD brings manual paper processes online, including public hunt applications and public hunt permits. TPWD is focused on rapidly delivering effective solutions to reduce paperwork, increase efficiency, expand service availability, and enhance customer satisfaction.

Under this new process, the application fee will be $3.00 for each adult hunter. After a lottery drawing, selected hunters will be notified by e-mail and will then purchase their permit for $130.00 for either rifle (5 day) or archery (9+ day) hunts.

All TPWD managed hunt areas and U.S. Forest Service lands in Texas are currently using this system with great success and by being part of this system, Aransas NWR hunters can easily also apply for many hunts throughout Texas. Hunters should be able to browse the drawn hunt catalog by refuge, hunt category, and location using interactive maps. This could eventually become a one- stop shop for Federal and State public hunting opportunities in the Texas.

The public is encouraged to provide input by writing to: Laura Bonneau, Visitor Services Manager, at laura_bonneau@fws.gov or P.O. Box 100, Austwell, Texas 77950.

Comments will be accepted until 5:00 pm on March 18th.

The mission of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is working with others to conserve, protect and enhance fish, wildlife, plants and their habitats for the continuing benefit of the American people. We are both a leader and trusted partner in fish and wildlife conservation, known for our scientific excellence, stewardship of lands and natural resources, dedicated professionals and commitment to public service.

Looks like the pool of applicants is about to get even bigger if this applies to Hagerman. Bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by ttubudd View Post
                            Looks like the pool of applicants is about to get even bigger if this applies to Hagerman. Bummer.

The key word here is "If". A call to the refuge may be in order

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                              The key word here is "If". A call to the refuge may be in order
                              That's why I posted the news release, if not this year then the next. Aransas wildlife personal are in favor of these changes, they're being forced upon them.

Comment

Originally posted by ttubudd View Post
                                and totally priority point system........

Comment

Working...
                                X