Kidney Stone ! help,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
    Tried to avoid the emergency room visit by soaking in a hot bath and then a heating pad but around midnight that night I was in so much pain I was puking....my advice is always go to er....after 12 stones I am an expert self diagnoser, after I tell the doctor I have had 12 and these are the symptoms they already know..lol
    That's what I told the check in lady at the ER in March when she asked me why I thought I was having a heart attack. I told her after the first two I figured out how it felt. 30 seconds later I was in the ER getting taken care of.

Comment

No advice, but I sure hope you feel better soon!! Will send up a prayer for you, David!

Comment

If you take a heavy dose of Vitamin D3, stop taking it. It has been linked to kidney stones. My doctor told me to stop taking my supplement and they went away. I don't drink a lot of cokes or tea in general. I drink mostly water and I still got them....3 to be exact.

My doctor recommended cranberry juice but not the sugary cocktail sold by Ocean Spray. He said real cranberry juice with no additive and heavy in acid. It tastes like **** but it broke them up enough to get them passed. After suffering for several weeks, I drank 8 oz of this twice a day and especially right before I went to bed. 2-3 days later it passed. This is what he recommended and it worked for me. He also told me to lay off the D3 and they haven't come back in three years.

Round 1

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0793.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	24425462

Round 2

Name:	Kidney Stone2 2012.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	24425463

Round 3

Name:	Kidney Stone #2.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	24425464

Comment

flowmax, pain pills, and a ton of water...

Comment

I had 5 surgeries in one year for them. Three Lithotrypsies and two where they went in with a scope. Original stone was the diameter of a nickel.
            Not fun at all and I still get them on occasion but have been able to pass all of them. Several Urologists told me some people, like myself, just are prone to producing them. Nobody has ever been able to tell me exactly what has caused them or exactly what to stay away from other than dark soda's.
            Some people just produce them and have to deal with it. I do try to drink a lot of water to keep my kidneys flushed out. If you get dehydrated you are much more likely to get them.

Comment

Working...
            X