No announcement yet.

Kidney Stone ! help,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel your pain. I've had 2. Good luck!

Comment

If you get kidney stones you should check with your doc at least once to confirm its not a parathyroid issue.

Comment

RAW APPLE CIDER VINEGAR!!! I had a 7mm stone not too long ago, within a day it was just sand. cranberry juice is just an old wives tale.

Comment

Cranberry, Cranberry, and more Cranberry, force your urine out when you go, I have had theses things about 6 times.

God Bless
          Bish.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePap View Post
            RAW APPLE CIDER VINEGAR!!! I had a 7mm stone not too long ago, within a day it was just sand. cranberry juice is just an old wives tale.
            Really? Huh, who knew.....I've never had one but my wife has and could've sworn the Dr told her that the cranberry juice would help flush out the kidneys....maybe it was just her mom that told her that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bish View Post
              Cranberry, Cranberry, and more Cranberry, force your urine out when you go, I have had theses things about 6 times.

God Bless
              Bish.
              Someone else agrees with me on the cranberry.

Comment

dealing with this right now , as I have 2

one is 14mm inside the kidney and will require surgery, the other is 2-3 mm's and will pass on it's on

during severe pain, I lay down on a heating pad for several hrs to minimize pain

I flew to Chicago last Sat, and returned home last night. I was very worried about pressure and KS's moving. Thank God I only experienced minimal pain.

As a drug addict, I was honest with my Urologist who prescribed me Toradol ; anti-inflammatory that treats pain. It has worked so far with good results. He offered Percoset and Hydrocodone which I refused because I have to drive daily and did not want to be doped up

as others have mentioned, drink lots of water

Comment

my Dr said it can actually cause them, said no to cranberry, grapefruit and black pepper

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
                    Someone else agrees with me on the cranberry.
                    just do your research. I know we are all different but I been dealing with this my whole life, after the first episode of flopping around the floor, I take 2 shots of raw apple cider vinegar, problem solved. I have delt with kidney stone's my whole life.

Comment

Beer
                      Kill two birds with one stone!!! lol

I had one before and I feel your pain!!!!

Comment

Thanks guys, i am in a lot of pain and drinking fluids i will add the cranberry and cider vinegar

Comment

Originally posted by nothinbutwelves View Post
                          Thanks guys, i am in a lot of pain and drinking fluids i will add the cranberry and cider vinegar
                          buy the Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, they sell it at walmart in Quart bottles. 2 shots with no chasers and just rest, you will be fine

Comment

Get a good Urologist. Wife has done Lythotrypsy 15 times for multiple stones each time. She loved the first Urologist but because he made the pain go away. Dude retired. She loved the second Urologist because he made the pain go away. He was out of town the last episode she had and she went to a covering Dr. I informed him that I wanted the situation fixed, not just bust up stones every year. With slight diet changes, and lots of fluid, she has been stone free for almost 2 years.
                            BTW wife is mother of two, one having come so fast there was no time for epidural. She says, contrary to most women, that man can know the pain of childbirth as Kidney Stones are far worse.

Comment

plenty of water and lemon juice. Also get some AZO for the pain. Its an over the counter analgesic. If it's small enough, it will pass no problem. I passed a small one today.

Comment

Interesting to see all the home remedies--does anyone see the common thing about them?

They are all acidic, so maybe that changes the pH of your system enough to dissolve the stones?

I'd bet someone has had good results drinking pickle juice too--

Comment

Working...
                                X