Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wildfire. Called it on on baby cotton tail. Wind was howling tonight

Comment

Right on. I thought that's what it was but I can't keep up with all the calls they come out with. The Wildfire is an awesome call. I like Lightning Jack and Snowshoe Hare. I've had good luck with baby cottontail as well. A buddy of mine I always call coyotes with called in two coyotes and a bobcat on one stand last year using that sound.

Comment

]I called this bobcat in two Winters ago. A coyote came in first and got away before I could get a shot. I called for 15 more minutes and this cat showed up. The wind chill factor was -2 that day if I remember correctly. It was cold but the critters were loving it. One of this bobcats ears was half gone. He was the biggest one I've shot so far.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hand smooch

I was checking the bees and saw Momma bobcat through the woods. 15 sec later after this pic, yearling bobcat comes prancing through. Ive noticed my rabbit population had decreased but thought it coyote. Sent pick to Momma. She said thwackem both. Weve 60 some odd chickens.

Ive got a scar from a Leupold scope mounted on a 308 shot non dom from my brother hand smoochin a fox, hust sittin and watchin, while we's on a tank dam. I hand smooch in and out: hawk, owl, fox, coyote, ummm.... My dogs, my cat, my son, my daughter, my wife. I hand smooch hawk to shoo them from my chickens. Boy howdy does the face get tired!

Really just smooch. Long high. Long. Short. Short. Short. High long.
          Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Smoochin at them really does work. I've stopped a few coyotes for a shot doing that. Or if they stop a little ways out there and I know they're looking I'll do that to coax them in closer so I don't have to move. If they turn to leave I'll woof at them to make them turn to look also. Sometimes it works but I've seen leary yotes kick it into third gear too. I had to shoot a mangey one on the run last year after I did that.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
              I set up the same way for everything. Usually start off with squeaks or bird sounds to see if something's close. Then turn on the foxpro if no dice after 5 or so minutes and start upping the volume. Coyote calls as a last resort. Always hit wounded puppy as soon as I shoot anything.

Haven't had much luck calling so far this year. Have called some pigs though.
              What do you go to call in pigs ?

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                Smoochin at them really does work. I've stopped a few coyotes for a shot doing that. Or if they stop a little ways out there and I know they're looking I'll do that to coax them in closer so I don't have to move. If they turn to leave I'll woof at them to make them turn to look also. Sometimes it works but I've seen leary yotes kick it into third gear too. I had to shoot a mangey one on the run last year after I did that.
                Sounds like Wiley knew better....but your trigger finger was faster. Job well done, Sir.

Ive been workin on my eagle smooch. It clears alot of critters. Sometimes when the cardinals or bluejays are sqwuaking my position, Ill smooch hawk or eagle to shutem up. It works...sometimes and not very long. I either keep movin or sit still.

Comment

All this talk about predator hunting makes me wish I had a place to hunt yotes!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                    All this talk about predator hunting makes me wish I had a place to hunt yotes!
                    It's addictive. During the Winter that's all I want to do. After you see that first coyote come charging in or your first bobcat creeping in to the call you'll be hooked. I'm ate up with it. Predator huntin is something I'll do until the day I die or in too bad a shape to do it anymore.

One of the coolest experiences I've had was when I was calling for bobcats in a creek bottom 3 years ago. I had my electronic call set up on a log 5 feet in front of me and my back against a tree. About 20 minutes went by and I heard crunching in the dry leaves behind me. As I started to lean around the tree to shoot whatever was heading my way a coyote walked around the tree directly past me,never payed me a bit of attention. I could have slapped him on the nose easily. I could clearly see the color of his eyes and he had them locked on my call. I couldn't even think fast enough to shoot him before he knocked my call off of the log and did a u-turn and headed back in the same direction he came from. I don't know who was more shookin up and totally caught off guard that day but I bet if that coyote is still around he still thinks about that when he hears a rabbit cryin. I could feel the air from his breath as he went by. That's no kiddin.

Comment

Went to three set ups yesterday morning just messin around and called one in.. Gonna get into pretty hard after the season is over.. I'm finally on a lease that's big enough to hunt different spots all weekend..

Comment

Predator Huntin.

Called in and killed 7 coyotes this month so far called in 9 fox in 2 stands Friday nite fox are easy my boy called then in when he was 5 with a mouth call cause he just had to call and he sounded nothing like a rabbit or anything u every heard.

Comment

Originally posted by PowThudBeer View Post
                          By calling? We haven't had any luck calling for several months. Maybe they've gotten used to the calls. Going to try baiting right after deer season is over.

Yes sir by calling, that's the only way we do it.

Comment

Originally posted by HunterBug View Post
                            Called in and killed 7 coyotes this month so far called in 9 fox in 2 stands Friday nite fox are easy my boy called then in when he was 5 with a mouth call cause he just had to call and he sounded nothing like a rabbit or anything u every heard.

Sometimes that's the best sound, one they've never heard!!

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
                              What do you go to call in pigs ?
                              Piglet squeals and grunts.

Comment

Called in a coyote and missed it. I don't know how but I did. I couldn't see nothin but his head above the sagebrush at 150 yards. I took the shot and missed.

Comment

Working...
                                X