Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Predator Huntin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonna go try to get me a double with the shotgun here in just a minute.

Comment

If anyone needs some calls, I was cleaning my old laptop out and found 15-20 calls saved as audio files on there. I know I had them on my phone at one point and could hook it up to a speaker and it would play that way

Comment

Got a three legged,mangey coyote with the 22-250 this morning. He came around some hay bales and took off. Hit it on the run at 80 yards and stopped it. The second shot hit him in the back of the head.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
          If anyone needs some calls, I was cleaning my old laptop out and found 15-20 calls saved as audio files on there. I know I had them on my phone at one point and could hook it up to a speaker and it would play that way
          Could they be put on a FoxPro?
          Last edited by okrattler; 10-31-2017, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Ended up seeing two more way out in a field before the wind picked up. The wind was wrong so I just let them go for the time being. I didn't wanna get them called up and winded right off the bat. I'll just go back when the wind is blowing in the right direction,set up different if it's not and try to get them in.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              Could they be put on a FoxPro?
              No idea. When I get back to my computer, I'll see how they are formatted. Can you "upload" audio to a fox pro?

Comment

No idea. When I get back to my computer, I'll see how they are formatted. Can you "upload" audio to a fox pro?
                I assume it would be the same as downloading a sound from the FoxPro website onto the call but I'm not 100% sure about that either.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                  I assume it would be the same as downloading a sound from the FoxPro website onto the call but I'm not 100% sure about that either.
                  Going to go get my jump drive here in a minute and Ill let you know how they are formatted

Comment

Ok It looks like they are all MP3

There are Cottontail Duet, Baby Cottontail, Cottontail distress 1/2, Baby Rabbit Frenzy, Gray fox pup, lucky bird, northern flicker, bobcat in heat, jackrabbit distress, aggressive jackrabbit coyote howling, lone coyote, howl, howl, coyote locator, coyote pup distress, coyote greeting, single coyote, jackrabbit squall, kitten distress

I've used them and have killed over them.

Comment

Ok It looks like they are all MP3

There are Cottontail Duet, Baby Cottontail, Cottontail distress 1/2, Baby Rabbit Frenzy, Gray fox pup, lucky bird, northern flicker, bobcat in heat, jackrabbit distress, aggressive jackrabbit coyote howling, lone coyote, howl, howl, coyote locator, coyote pup distress, coyote greeting, single coyote, jackrabbit squall, kitten distress

I've used them and have killed over them.
                      Those are all FoxPro sounds I'm pretty sure. Might work but I think I remember reading FoxPro sounds are all on FXP format which is only compatible with FoxPro calls so I don't know if that's more of a setup for your phone like you had used them or not.

Comment

Called up two out of a group of 4. Killed one and shot under the other at 200 yards because I got in too big of a hurry. I should have had an easy double.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Shot two coyotes yesterday evening. Shot one out in some corn stalks and the other took off and tried to make it over fairly open ground. He probably would have but he decided to stop and take one last look at 362 yards and caught a v-max with his shoulder. I couldn't find the first one I shot. It was either a little further than I thought it was or I wasn't looking in the right spot. They blend in really well and everything looks the same in a corn field that's been cut.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Called this female in this afternoon. Spotted her coming out of some milo about 1/4 mile out and she took forever to make her way to 100 yards. She'd trot a little ways,stop and look around,sniff the ground and whatever else except come running to me. I think it probably took about 25 minutes or longer but I don't know. I was using a hand call so I didn't have any way to keep track of time. She was really,really cautious coming in so I'm not so sure she hadn't heard a call before.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X