No announcement yet.

First Point Youth Hunt Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to all the host for the great food and hunting. We had a blast and got to make some new friends. We just made it home. Hope everyone else had safe travels.

Comment

First Point Youth Hunt Thread

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
      Thanks to all the host for the great food and hunting. We had a blast and got to make some new friends. We just made it home. Hope everyone else had safe travels.

Was a great weekend and great hosts. Was good the see all the young bow hunters. We just got home as well.

Worth every mile.

Comment

Vu and I finally made it home around 7:30, but the girls made a trip out to Eagle Pass so no telling when they will make it in tonight.

Thanks to Bo Heine and First Point Bowhunting Ranch for allowing the Lone Star Bowhunters Association to have another youth hunt out there.

This was another great group of guys and gals. Hopefully everyone had a great time. I wish everyone would have killed something or at least had a opportunity to shoot at something. Howard, Hoggslayer and Graysonhogs did a great job posting updates. If anyone went away hungry, it was your fault. There was plenty to eat. Vu did a great job on getting all the food done and on time. Congrats to all the young hunters that killed something, and hopefully if we are able to do this again next year, everyone will put their name do to come back.

Hunter waited again until the last morning to kill her something. We saw deer all three sits, but this morning the right ones finally followed the script and she made a great shot. We did our 30 minute wait, but actually 39 minutes because we had one eight point that did not know he was suppose to leave when she shot so we were not going to run him off and educate him of the blind. Blood was found within 10 yards and a trail that I (blind man) could follow. Of course it had to run into the thickest area, but wasn't hard to follow. With the amount of blood lost, I was surprised of the distance we had gone. We finally found the arrow laying on the ground, and that's when the blood went to being little drops. We finally ran out or could not find anymore drops, so I told her we needed to get Abri (JR dog) out there. We were going to drive back to camp and get the dog and Bo, but thought I would check for phone service. Verizon does not have service out there. WOW, I was on extended service were I was standing and just made a phone call back to camp to bring help. While me and Hunter were sitting there waiting, I told her that I was going to make another look and for her to wait on Bo and Abri. I went back to were I last seen blood and stayed on the trail that it had been going on, but still not finding anything. I figure I would do a little walk off the trail and just like most times, the deer was laying about 20 yards off the trail were we had last seen blood. I didn't go up to the buck but went back to Hunter and then Bo, Dena and Abri were just arriving. I informed then that I had just found the deer but wanted Abri to do a short track. We let Abri lead the way and Hunter was finally able to put her hands on her first bow kill buck.

And as I was finishing up loading the pics, the girls walked in.
        Attached Files

Comment

Well done. Tell her congrats from Trey and I... Hated to leave with y'all still out but we had a party to get back to this evening. Thanks again for everyone's help

Comment

Congrats on the buck.

Comment

Working...
            X