Dallas Cowboys 2015-16 Season Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
    How would you like to be A Seattle fan, 4-5 after back to back S B appearances, They have all of their players plus an all world tight end that was added.The Cowboys suck this year due to losing their two best players, like I said in another thread, take Brady and Gronk from the Patriots or any top quarterback and their best receiver and see what happens. The Cowboys did not have any good bounces this year, maybe it is Karma for signing Hardy. Oh and everyone bashing Jerry, I thought is was Stephen who made all the decisions, he drafted all the good players, kinda like Jimmy did all of it when they won, Jerry can;t get any credit except for anything that goes wrong, if it goes right then it was somebody else that made it happen.
    Every team out their deals with injuries, some just deal with it better than others. Some teams pull together and still find a way to win games and some teams cry about it.
    The Cowboys have more problems than Romo being out, what happened to their great running game. What happened to their O line that was so good anybody could run behind it? What did McFadden have yesterday 37 yards?
    That O line is giving up a cpl of sacks a game, how many times can Romo be sacked before something else breaks?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      There's 1!
      Hold on killer, I never said Romo was bad. What I said is that Romo would do no better thanhis back up is doing when the receivers stop trying to catch the ball.

Romo does very much help this team win and is highly underrated by the national media and fans alike. But when your best ball catchers quit on plays, then no matter how good you are, you look bad.

I am looking forward to seeing how much more effort the team puts out when he gets back.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
        I am a SEAHAWKS fan and it is killing me to see how they are playing this year. Hopefully they will wake up and get fired up here soon.

The Cowboys have been relying on excuses for far too long this year trying to explain their poor play. When in actuality it is just poor play. Seems to me like they all kind of just quit when Romo went down, and are thinking they can turn it back on when he comes back.

If they make 8-8 this season it will be quite the feat. I think a 5-11 is more realistic and that is sad to see after all the progress they made last year.
        I figured you'd be a Patriot fan this year

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          I figured you'd be a Patriot fan this year
          SEAHAWKS first, pats second. Still predicting a repeat Sb of last year, but with a different outcome.

Comment

Without Romo the Cowboys don't have a chance, but if you're a Super Bowl contending team you should be able to win at least 2 out of 7 without him to stay in the race. There are other problems. May be the curse of Hardy. Carolina hasn't lost a game since he's been off of their payroll.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
              Without Romo the Cowboys don't have a chance, but if you're a Super Bowl contending team you should be able to win at least 2 out of 7 without him to stay in the race. There are other problems. May be the curse of Hardy. Carolina hasn't lost a game since he's been off of their payroll.
              Very well said, the only other thing that I can add is they have not had many good bounces of the ball this year, that is probably the Hardy Karma, they have several good players but they do not have a good team right now, I would have bet my farm that they would have won a couple of games without Tony.

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
                Every team out their deals with injuries, some just deal with it better than others. Some teams pull together and still find a way to win games and some teams cry about it.
                The Cowboys have more problems than Romo being out, what happened to their great running game. What happened to their O line that was so good anybody could run behind it? What did McFadden have yesterday 37 yards?
                That O line is giving up a cpl of sacks a game, how many times can Romo be sacked before something else breaks?
                Every team out there doesn't deal with losing a top 6-8 qb in the league and top 2 receiver.

The answer to all of those questions, is Romo being out.....and Dez.

No downfield threat=8 in the box=no room to run=more sacks. There could not be a more obvious example of it, it's plain to see every week since he's been gone.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                  Hold on killer, I never said Romo was bad. What I said is that Romo would do no better thanhis back up is doing when the receivers stop trying to catch the ball.
                  He gets guys involved early, and they know he's going to get them the ball, so they stay involved. I have no idea what Dez's problem was yesterday other than being a little *****...or maybe he just didn't believe in the qb....

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                    How would you like to be A Seattle fan, 4-5 after back to back S B appearances, They have all of their players plus an all world tight end that was added.
                    actually the Jimmy Graham trade probably hurt SEA more than it helped. They traded away their 2x ProBowl Center who was the "rock" of the o-line along with a 1st rd. draft choice. SEA also lost a starting Guard, LB, and CB due to FA. Compounded with the Kam Chancellor 4 week holdout, I think SEA has chemistry problems with new faces trying to fit in and learn the system.

As with every NFL team that wins a SB or makes it to the SB game, key players get "swollen heads" and want more $$$ in FA. Teams under the salary cap will cherry pick players off these teams and it's hard to replace proven veterans .

Saints are a prime example of quality players leaving for other teams to chase the money.

the 49'ers are currently in disarray because 4-5 of their key SB starters either retired from the NFL due to concussion fears or left the team for other reasons

due to parody in today's NFL, I think the "window for success" is only open for 3 years. What the Patriots have done year in and year out defies logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                      actually the Jimmy Graham trade probably hurt SEA more than it helped. They traded away their 2x ProBowl Center who was the "rock" of the o-line along with a 1st rd. draft choice. SEA also lost a starting Guard, LB, and CB due to FA. Compounded with the Kam Chancellor 4 week holdout, I think SEA has chemistry problems with new faces trying to fit in and learn the system.

As with every NFL team that wins a SB or makes it to the SB game, key players get "swollen heads" and want more $$$ in FA. Teams under the salary cap will cherry pick players off these teams and it's hard to replace proven veterans .

Saints are a prime example of quality players leaving for other teams to chase the money.

the 49'ers are currently in disarray because 4-5 of their key SB starters either retired from the NFL due to concussion fears or left the team for other reasons

due to parody in today's NFL, I think the "window for success" is only open for 3 years. What the Patriots have done year in and year out defies logic.
                      It takes a great quarterback coupled with a great coach to do what the Pats have done, well and maybe a little cheating along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Every team out there doesn't deal with losing a top 6-8 qb in the league and top 2 receiver.

The answer to all of those questions, is Romo being out.....and Dez.

No downfield threat=8 in the box=no room to run=more sacks. There could not be a more obvious example of it, it's plain to see every week since he's been gone.
                        I think Dallas faced quite a bit of 8 in the box last year with their run game and still found success, but they had a different line coach and more offensive weapons including a running back that fit the system.

I said every team deals with injuries and some overcome the adversity and some don't.
                        Didn't the Patriots win with Cassel when Brady went don't.
                        Az was playing with their 3rd string QB last year.
                        The Eagles played most of their season last year with a back up and beat the Cowboys once.
                        Didn't the Redskins beat the Cowboys with Colt McCoy as QB?

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
                          I think Dallas faced quite a bit of 8 in the box last year with their run game and still found success, but they had a different line coach and more offensive weapons including a running back that fit the system.

I said every team deals with injuries and some overcome the adversity and some don't.
                          Didn't the Patriots win with Cassel when Brady went don't.
                          Az was playing with their 3rd string QB last year.
                          The Eagles played most of their season last year with a back up and beat the Cowboys once.
                          Didn't the Redskins beat the Cowboys with Colt McCoy as QB?

The Cowboys are not that Patriots team and neither is anyone else right now, and they didn't make the playoffs.
                          Az finished 2nd in their division, and lost in the wild card round.
                          Philly missed the playoffs
                          The skins were still terrible, and beat the Weeden Cowboys...who won the division.

I'm not saying the rest of the team isn't flawed, or that I wouldn't like to have Murray back, but Romo makes it all work....even the defense. They are a contender with him, and aweful without him. McFadden has had a couple 100yd games in this stretch as well....and they should have won several of them. With Romo......they win most of them.

Denver has the best defense the league has seen in a few years and look what happened to them since Peyton has been beat up.

Take Cam Newton off the panthers and see how many they win.

Comment

Cut Cez!!
                            He cant beat press coverage!
                            He cant out run anyone!
                            He is never wide open by putting moves on guys!
                            He can't make guys miss!
                            He gives up on balls!
                            He runs his mouth!
                            He has made some wild catches sure but what other receiver hasn't.
                            For a supposed NFL #1 receiver his skill set is limited.

Comment

Every unit works in unison. They all make each other better. All the "next man up" crap when Romo went down was crap. That's been proven now. The people that kick Romo in the balls don't remember Carter, Hutchison, Leaf, Wright, Stoerner, and whoever else they ran through there after Aikman. They can't win it all without Romo, but a Super Bowl contending team should be able to win a couple with him out and hold the fort down. Still not mathematically out of it though. Gives me a little bit of a reason to be excited to watch with the Jedi coming back. Oh and Romo is going to be 36 years old next year. Window is closing fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                                Cut Cez!!
                                He cant beat press coverage!
                                He cant out run anyone!
                                He is never wide open by putting moves on guys!
                                He can't make guys miss!
                                He gives up on balls!
                                He runs his mouth!
                                He has made some wild catches sure but what other receiver hasn't.
                                For a supposed NFL #1 receiver his skill set is limited.
                                Well that's absurd!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X