No announcement yet.

Aggies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bigger isn't better. The Spirit of A&M will continue to shrink.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
      Got a link?

I can't find any statements that he made like this on the interwebs. The only thing I found was that he wanted to expand the engineering school to 25,000 by 2025.
      I don't have a link. An aggie buddy of mine was talking about it and said Sharp said 80,000 when he mentioned the 25,000 for the E school. Could be totally false, but the math isn't that far off I wouldn't think. A&M has been steadily expanding. If you take the E school to 25,000 and figure 10,000 additional students for all other schools over the next decade that would be right around 80,000.

Comment

he is smoking crack!

Comment

I live here and work on campus, its crowded enough as it is! The extra revenue would be great for local businesses though.

Comment

Originally posted by bdchorn View Post
            I don't have a link. An aggie buddy of mine was talking about it and said Sharp said 80,000 when he mentioned the 25,000 for the E school. Could be totally false, but the math isn't that far off I wouldn't think. A&M has been steadily expanding. If you take the E school to 25,000 and figure 10,000 additional students for all other schools over the next decade that would be right around 80,000.
            Not too far off. With the additional schools/buildings/programs such as Hygeine and Nursing, and all that it isn't a big stretch. It will already break 60k this year most likely. As far as the quality, its never been harder to get into any major programs. Way too much demand.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
              The town won't support that many students...
              Its called expansion....

Comment

Originally posted by jhuddleston View Post
                I live here and work on campus, its crowded enough as it is! The extra revenue would be great for local businesses though.
                Yep. Was talking to one of the facilities guys at our contractor meeting this morning. Doing More stuff than ever for a summer and lots more on the horizon.

Comment

I live out in Welborn and man its crazy how much has been built in the last few years out that way, so i do not think the town will not be able to support more students at all.

Comment

Who really cares?

Comment

Tons of building going on. The economy is never bad in a college town

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdaddy View Post
                        Who really cares?
                        Well for one, I do.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                          Its called expansion....
                          what's your address... we'll send them your way!

Comment

Best I remember there enrollment was close to 40k when I was there in mid 90s. Campus and city has changed quite a bit since then. 80k may not be that far off but still a lot to fathom

Comment

Devalues your degree? Give me a break. This isn't Harvard.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdaddy View Post
                                Who really cares?
                                lol... I am guessing you do as you opened the thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X