• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
    And I think the price was right
    Paid an even $100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    That's a little over MSRP, but definitely fair. I'd have no hesitation paying that.

Comment

Got lucky in Rockport.
      Attached Files

Comment

Got lucky in Rockport.
        Spanky's? I bought several bottles there a few years ago, back when it was not popular

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post

Passed on a bottle of that yesterday at high $70s
            Let me know if it’s worth it

Comment

Picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare, Weller Special, Blanton’s and Basil Hayden 10 year.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                Picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare, Weller Special, Blanton’s and Basil Hayden 10 year.

Nice.. I've wondered about that 10yr Basil.. let us know how it is

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                  Nice.. I've wondered about that 10yr Basil.. let us know how it is

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I’ve got a bottle of BH10 I’d trade you for something.

Comment

Killed the last of my Eagle Rare last night. I guess next up will be my recently acquired Blade and Bow.

I may have a case of Eagle Rare headed my way. Waiting on word on that. Won't get my hopes up though.

Comment

A friend of mine swears by Sweetheart of the Rodeo. He's going to get me a bottle. Anyone familiar with it?

Comment

So is GB cowboy worth $200? I had the balmorhea two years ago and to be honest I was underwhelmed for a $160 bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

Was that from secondary somewhere or is your local shop not getting picked clean like it is in NW Austin?

I've ordered from Barrel Tap in the past. Anyone using another source?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
                            Was that from secondary somewhere or is your local shop not getting picked clean like it is in NW Austin?

I just checked Barrel Tap's website and I couldn't bring myself to pay those prices. My best advice is to make friends with an independent store owner that isn't known for sky high pricing and shop there consistently. Developing relationships is how you score allocated bottles at MSRP. Everyone hates flippers and a smart owner will smoke the flippers out quickly. Second to that is seeking out barrel picks. Look for picks that the store actually went to Kentucky to pick. Most stores don't take the time to travel and they end up with what are known as "distiller's picks", which are often barrels rejected by the stores that do travel in the selection process. This isn't the case at every distillery, but it is at a bunch of them.

Comment

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post

Grocery store here had a raffle this week and I got there early and they had 64 bottles of Blanton’s, several EH Taylor, a few dozen Eagle Rare, and a few other allocated bottles. You could buy one bottle from lot A which had all the above and one from lot B which had knob creek 12 and the Basil along with serveral other hard to find bottles.

I scooped up the Eagle Rare in Texas. I go to several places a week and check them out.

Last edited by Black Ice; 02-05-2022, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Looky here...

Comment

Working...
                                X