The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
    Yeah I’m with you. I don’t want to get cut out of the fun because I don’t have time to be at the liquor store when the Buffalo trace truck shows up, or because I don’t buy cases at a time. Not saying that guy is that type, but I’ve met several folks that know when the truck arrives and leave work to meet them at their stores so they can buy up as much as possible. Ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure if the same policy applies where you live but, I put my name on a list at every liquor store so I get the bottles I want. It takes some effort but it's worth it to me.

Comment

With everyone posting pictures of their stash I figured I’d do the same. I’ve come to realize
      I have more than I thought. Going to delete these pictures before my wife realizes how many bottles we have [emoji23]. I don’t have anything extraordinary but have collected (and drank) some good bottles.

The funny things is more often than not I find myself sipping Buffalo Trace because I’m worried about drinking my harder to find stuff. I am a big fan of BT so I don’t mind it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
        With everyone posting pictures of their stash I figured I’d do the same. I’ve come to realize
        I have more than I thought. Going to delete these pictures before my wife realizes how many bottles we have [emoji23]. I don’t have anything extraordinary but have collected (and drank) some good bottles.

The funny things is more often than not I find myself sipping Buffalo Trace because I’m worried about drinking my harder to find stuff. I am a big fan of BT so I don’t mind it.

PM incoming neighbor lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
          Appear to be Elijah Craig Barrel Proof

Forgive my ignorance - but that isn't the same as the Elijah Craig Small Batch is it? I didn't think it was but are they possibly in the same bottles basically?

Comment

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
            Forgive my ignorance - but that isn't the same as the Elijah Craig Small Batch is it? I didn't think it was but are they possibly in the same bottles basically?
            Same bottle shape but the Small Batch has been proofed down to 94 proof. Barrel Proof is whatever proof it comes out of the barrel, usually in the 115-130 proof range. Both are good bourbon but the barrel proof is more complex.
            Last edited by lab man; 08-13-2021, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
              Appear to be Elijah Craig Barrel Proof

Originally posted by lab man View Post
              Same bottle shape but the Small Batch has been proofed down to 94 proof. Barrel Proof is whatever proof it comes out of the barrel, usually in the 115-130 proof range. Both are good bourbon but the barrel proof is more complex.
              Gracias sir. That is what I thought but I never have seen a bottle of barrel proof. I am pretty much a newbie as far as trying different bourbons and since I have started trying I haven't been able to find a bottle of barrel proof. I really like the small batch but have heard the barrel proof is better. Been trying to find some E.H. Taylor and EC but it's tough on my schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
                Gracias sir. That is what I thought but I never have seen a bottle of barrel proof. I am pretty much a newbie as far as trying different bourbons and since I have started trying I haven't been able to find a bottle of barrel proof. I really like the small batch but have heard the barrel proof is better. Been trying to find some E.H. Taylor and EC but it's tough on my schedule.
                It is an allocated release And they release 3 batches a year (January, May & September).

Comment

Picked these up today in Nacogdoches.
                  Attached Files

Comment

RJK70....you have that ***x hidden everywhere haha nice stash, I've yet to see a weller 12 down here but I did get 2 weller antiques at an online charity auction

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                      RJK70....you have that ***x hidden everywhere haha nice stash, I've yet to see a weller 12 down here but I did get 2 weller antiques at an online charity auction

You’re right on that. Gotta spread it out so my wife doesn’t notice how many bottles there is. Haha

Comment

Total Wine has a great sale going on. Wanted to try this Still Austin. It was good straight up. Makes an awesome old fashioned.

Comment

Got my r/bourbon 12 year Elijah Craig "Octane 94" single barrel picks on Friday. Delicious! This had to be incredible at barrel proof but the barrel was short so it got nerfed to 94 proof.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hello. I scored a bottle of Blantons… it’s bottle “S”
                            Would like to trade for another letter if possible. Full sealed bottle that is lol

I’m in San Angelo.

Comment

Hello I scored a bottle of “S” Blantons. Would like to trade for another letter as I already have an S. Full bottle that is. Lol.

I’m in San Angelo.

Comment

Hello I scored a bottle of “S” Blantons. Would like to trade for another letter as I already have an S. Full bottle that is. Lol.

I’m in San Angelo.

Comment

Working...
                                X