The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .270 View Post
    Love Buffalo Trace, probably the one of the best under $20 bourbons on the market. If you like BT, you should try it's big brother Eagle Rare, a little older expression from the Buffalo Trace family.
    I'm going to have to try that, that is definitely one that I haven't gotten yet!

Comment

Giving this one a shot today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post

Liking this stuff right here
        That is my go too. Hard to beat for the price.

Comment

Bought a bottle of Rowan Creek today. Very good neat!
          Last edited by BMTTX; 09-09-2016, 09:48 PM.

Comment

With some cooler weather finally here, I stopped at the store on the way home from work. Not that you need cool weather for whiskey, but to me, it sure makes it more enjoyable! I saw this guy mentioned quite a bit on this thread, so I'm going to give it a shot.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
              With some cooler weather finally here, I stopped at the store on the way home from work. Not that you need cool weather for whiskey, but to me, it sure makes it more enjoyable! I saw this guy mentioned quite a bit on this thread, so I'm going to give it a shot.
              That's a good one!

Comment

Not big into whiskey but was told this was good. I am not disappointed!! It has a sweet pecan taste to it.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                  Not big into whiskey but was told this was good. I am not disappointed!! It has a sweet pecan taste to it.
                  Very nice, I'll have to try that one

Comment

Got rewarded for being a loyal customer to a small private owned liquor store. They set one aside for me. Poor man's Pappy!
                    Attached Files

Comment

I was in NOLA over the weekend and got to try 10 yo Rip Van Winkle. Pretty good stuff. Smooth and easy drinking, could get in trouble with it for sure. Also bought my 1st bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel, new favorite in the cabinet.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
                        [ATTACH]778630[/ATTACH]

My favorite to this point
                        Smooth
                        Slightly sweet finish
                        Excellent straight up like in the pic
                        Just got a bottle of this today, can't wait to try it out.

Comment

What is a good brand not available in Texas?

Just don't say Pappy van Winkle, I'm not going to go through that again and come up empty handed.

Comment

Originally posted by 16ncs View Post
                            What is a good brand not available in Texas?

Just don't say Pappy van Winkle, I'm not going to go through that again and come up empty handed.
                            Off the top of my head, Old Fitzgerald Bottle in Bond, but the list is long and distinguished.

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                              Off the top of my head, Old Fitzgerald Bottle in Bond, but the list is long and distinguished.

OL Fitzgerald not available in Al.

What other recommendations of something you can't get in Texas? Trying to find something to bring along if I make it to Bownanza. Want to bring something y'all don't have...within reason

Comment

Relaxing evening, fire going, mamma is fixing a pot of chicken and dumplings, watching Christmas Vacation and having a drink.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X