everything kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fordman View Post
    I read this entire thread. I need a kayak now.

I wonder how many yaks have been purchased because of this thread.... I know I am one. After reading through some I was "hooked" and have thoroughly enjoyed it since getting one last year.

Comment

Bear u went all in an got a top of the line kayak and rigged it out nice straight to the goods u went. This thread didn't make me get a yak it just made me spend a lot more on one lol and I thank you for that bear

Comment

I didnt get one because of the thread, but when I needed to decide on one, this is where I came.

Comment

Lake Weatherford

Any of you guys yak Lake Weatherford? Could you shoot me a PM, if so?

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
            I didnt get one because of the thread, but when I needed to decide on one, this is where I came.
            Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
              You can put in at the base of the fishing pier. Go east and fish all along the reefs especially where the deeper cuts are. Look on Google Earth Bartell Island. The main channel you can stay off to the edge and cast into the channel. Don't anchor in the channel as that is the only in and out for power boats. Depending how the wind is and how far you want to paddle keep working your way to east pocket and fish the grass flats. That shoreline is good too. Another spot is when you leave the State Park turn right to Lamar Beach Rd go north till it make a sharp bend and launch right there. You can go east and fish the grass flats. If you go about 3/4 mile east from there you will run into so more oyster reefs fish that. From the same launch point go north about a 1/4 mile and there is a cut to the left with some old piers fish that too. Google earth is your friend. Hope this helps. Love fishing Goose Island SP

Thank you sir!! Just got a ton more excited now that I have an idea about a few places to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaycar85 View Post
                Bear is that a BOBBER I see? U got a secret fishing style fill a bro N. Sorry for your luck Draco I will keep a I out. How did they get it if you don't mind me asking?
                I had it at the welding shop as I was ready to go fishing if I got off early enough in the next few days. I have an electric gate so I guess they went around or through the woods to the side of my property that doesn't have a fence. I did find a Mexican soda water bottle off to one side of the shop but that was the only clue. A friend said he thought he saw it with the other dark green Pelican kayak on the rack of a pickup truck going west on Hwy. 29 in Liberty Hill. I'm on the look out for it.

Comment

everything kayak

Pretty sure im going to ack this weekend or next to get a native slayer 12
                  Havent had a chance to look through the whole thread yet but anybody else paddling a slayer 12?

Comment

No but I was very close to get n one. They look like a everything you need nothing you don't clean deck kayak. I think people learn the more they kayak fish the less clutter they want. Please post pics and thoughts when you get it

Comment

If i get it ill post pictures for sure. It will definitely be an upgrade from my pelican. To add on to the post about Caddo here are some pictures i took from my kayak on Caddo

Comment

Bad arse! I've heard it's easy to get lost on that lake is that true

Comment

Originally posted by Jaycar85 View Post
                          Bad arse! I've heard it's easy to get lost on that lake is that true

I grew up fishing the lake so for me its not bad but i constantly get asked for directions from people not familiar with the lake. So yeah its pretty easy to get lost if you dont know the lake well

Comment

We borrowed a map since most places lost their stock of maps in the flood earlier this year. With the map, we didn't have any problems.

Comment

well bit the bullet and picked it up tonight! Hopefully will take it out sunday

Comment

Bad to the bone!

Comment

Working...
                                X