everything kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

everything kayak

Went with the ray marine. For a battery im using the stealthcam box. As of right now im going to keep the battery outside of the hull. Shouldnt be a problem with the stealth cam box. The whole set up removes and fits in my milk crate. Worked really well for the short time i was out today. The ram arm adds a noticeable amount of drag so when i was paddling longer distance i would pull it up and swing it in the yak. Over all i really like the set up and will probably stick with it

Comment

Originally posted by Jaycar85 View Post
      Is that stillhouse or belton?

Still house. This was cedar gap launch by the bridge.

Comment

Took the yak out and ended with a good stringer. 7 crappie and 7 sandbass. I threw all the sandbass under 14" back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Wylde E View Post
          Took the yak out and ended with a good stringer. 7 crappie and 7 sandbass. I threw all the sandbass under 14" back.

Great catch. That's a darn good meal.

Comment

Wow did u use a fish finder? Did u know the location or run them down? Very nice

Comment

No fish finder a spot that I found that produces sandies and today some crappie joined in. I could have probably caught a limit of sandbass but I was really targeting the crappie once they started biting.

Comment

So Sports Authority is liquidating - anyone know about their boat selection? I'm going to take a look tomorrow on lunch...

Comment

Originally posted by lonestarag View Post
                  So Sports Authority is liquidating - anyone know about their boat selection? I'm going to take a look tomorrow on lunch...

The one in ft worth didn't have a very good selection and the prices were still fairly high.

They wouldn't budge off the price either. Apparently they have another company that comes in and handles liquidation so the prices aren't going to drop as much as I would've hoped.

Comment

What fish finder are y'all running on y'alls yaks? I am interested in finding one and don't really have any idea on what. Please help...

Comment

I wanted side view and didn't want to break the bank went with Garmen striker 7 sv so far I really like it does not have maps but I fish streams so no big e

Comment

I have a lowrance that I run the cheaper one. Works for me.

Comment

I was looking at possibly a lowrance elite 5 or something along that line.

Comment

I decided to go with the lowrance hook 4x With med high chirp sonar and Down scan. Can't wait to get it out to put it to work.

Comment

I'm digging my mothership rig. Native FX12 for now, might have to add a SUP or heritage redfish 12 to the mix.

Comment

Well caught a 500$ bass first fish actually caught with fish finder. Was cruising n around and saw a brush pile and some fish on it busted out the drop shot and got one. I thought top water fishing was fun but using electronics is a blast as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X