• Show
Clear All

Drying up big time

Comment

Originally posted by TLM1972 View Post
      Yes sir.

2 months

Comment

wow.. thats a big cat!!! hope you can get rid of it!!!!

Comment

Here are a few pics from this weekend at Rancho Santana!!! some are done I think!!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by santana; 08-30-2015, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Great bucks Rick.
            How much cotton you feed this year?

Comment

Need to check but I think were on the 14th ton.... It slowed down a bit last month but its picking up again...... more does visiting stations with fawns!!!!

Comment

Truly awesome pics.Very impressive bucks.Really got it going on over at Rancho Santana!

Comment

Looks good Rick do you only feed cotton seed or protein too ?

Comment

Originally posted by jtbrock179 View Post
                    Looks good Rick do you only feed cotton seed or protein too ?

He only feeds Cottonseed jt.

Comment

Made a trip this past weekend to Hidalgo. The deer are in good shape and they are still killing protein. It is drying up very, very fast. When I was leaving the ranch yesterday morning and entering Hwy. 2, there was a check point set up in Hidalgo. As I eased closer there where some military, feds and 2 other guys in uniforms that I have never seen before. The 2 guys stopped me and asked to see my passport, they then asked to see my immigration papers??? I told them that I did not understand what they where talking about. They proceeded to tell me they could deport me for not having those papers. One of the guys was very nice and could speak good English, but one was a older man and he was very shady on letting me go. They said they would let me go this time, but next time I would not be so lucky. As I mentioned, they where in uniform(brown pants, white shirt and some kind of patch on their left arm). I'm guessing they where with immigration. Anyway, just wanted to share with ya'll. Anyone else encounter this situation before? Talked with landowner last night about it and he said they are full of it. He said we don't need any kind of immigration papers. He said he would make some phone calls, to who I do not know.

Comment

Originally posted by LG Mexico Hntr View Post
                        Made a trip this past weekend to Hidalgo. The deer are in good shape and they are still killing protein. It is drying up very, very fast. When I was leaving the ranch yesterday morning and entering Hwy. 2, there was a check point set up in Hidalgo. As I eased closer there where some military, feds and 2 other guys in uniforms that I have never seen before. The 2 guys stopped me and asked to see my passport, they then asked to see my immigration papers??? I told them that I did not understand what they where talking about. They proceeded to tell me they could deport me for not having those papers. One of the guys was very nice and could speak good English, but one was a older man and he was very shady on letting me go. They said they would let me go this time, but next time I would not be so lucky. As I mentioned, they where in uniform(brown pants, white shirt and some kind of patch on their left arm). I'm guessing they where with immigration. Anyway, just wanted to share with ya'll. Anyone else encounter this situation before? Talked with landowner last night about it and he said they are full of it. He said we don't need any kind of immigration papers. He said he would make some phone calls, to who I do not know.
                        That sucks!!!

Comment

Don't need papers unless your ranch may be in that zone where you need them but not sure how they would know that if they stopped you on Hwy 2.

Comment

I've seen the military there but no one else..never those guys. Sounds like a bunch of BS.

Comment

Originally posted by dstrong View Post
                              Don't need papers unless your ranch may be in that zone where you need them but not sure how they would know that if they stopped you on Hwy 2.
                              Correct, we are not in that zone

Comment

Correct, we are not in that zone
                                By law hunters do need to have visas even they are not past the checkpoints. Let me look into it but you do need a visa to hunt wherever in Mexico. Brown pants and white shirts are immigration. About 5-7 years ago you received a blank immigration form when Angadi gave you your gun permits and you were supposed to fill it out and get it stamped.

Comment

Working...
                                X