17 yr old Texas Girl Shot By Police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on guys.
    If he would not have shot her and she would have stabbed him in the eye and killed him,everyone on here would have been asking why he didn't shoot her between the eyes.
    There is no such thing as political correctness when your life is in danger.

Seems LEO's nowadays are in a no win situation in the publics eye.

Comment

I have a child with issues. It's a constant battle to make sure he takes his meds, measure his temperament, respond accordingly to diffuse his anxiety. I pray constantly that he never gets in a bad situation like this. Depression, anxiety and mental illness is real. Many parents (like me) don't want to admit their child has these issues early on and it delays getting them help. The child may perceive this as a parent not caring or lose trust in the parent. Soon a hole is dug so deep the person feels like they are hopeless and helpless to ever be "right". It's taken me over three years to regain that trust and help get my child back to a somewhat stable behavior pattern. There is a lot of guilt on my part knowing if I had acted six years sooner he would be a lot further ahead. I can't imagine the guilt and loss this girls parents feel.

The people here saying "she got what she deserved" must have questionable intellect. The shooting was definitely justifiable. But that doesn't mean "she got what she deserved". It means she didn't get what she needed and her mental illness turned out to be fatal. It's sad for her family. It's sad for the officers. But for her, I pray her demons are silenced and she can rest in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
        It sure didn't look like much of a struggle between the officer and her. I think if he wanted to cuff her it could have been done.

Heck you should try calf wrestling. If I can tie up a big ole calf out in the pasture with just a calf hook and a rope, this gal shoulda been able to be cuffed to the dang chair at least.
        Come on now Skinny, is that calf gonna be carrying a knife?

Comment

Hey Henry, thought you could draw me into another LEO discussion huh?
          I think I will exercise my "right to remain silent" on this one!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
            lol. Yep, I sure would without blinking an eye. Same as if it was some white trash pos. I'm sure you would too. It's called reality.
            Call a spade a spade!

I would also!
            Last edited by gingib; 01-30-2015, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
              Come on guys.
              If he would not have shot her and she would have stabbed him in the eye and killed him,everyone on here would have been asking why he didn't shoot her between the eyes.
              There is no such thing as political correctness when your life is in danger.

Seems LEO's nowadays are in a no win situation in the publics eye.
              exactly this right here.

Thank you to all of you LEO's for what you do. I hope none of you ever find yourselves in a situation like this, but at the end of the day if it comes down to it, I also hope you find yourselves safely at home with your families.
              Last edited by bho0351; 01-30-2015, 10:53 AM.

Comment

I have no idea why in the world that officer did not cuff her when she was on the ground...

BUT let's be perfectly clear here, being cuffed/not cuffed is not what got this girl killed...lunging towards an officer with a weapon is what got this girl killed plain and simple...and the only one who made that choice was her...

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
                  I have no idea why in the world that officer did not cuff her when she was on the ground...

BUT let's be perfectly clear here, being cuffed/not cuffed is not what got this girl killed...lunging towards an officer with a weapon is what got this girl killed plain and simple...and the only one who made that choice was her...
                  The End

Comment

People need to put their emotions away and think logically and realistically.

She is an adult at 17 years old and not a poor helpless child. You pull a knife on a cop, you'll get shot.

It may could've been handled better but ANY situation CAN ALWAYS be handled better.

She wanted shot. Move along.
                    Last edited by UltraMax; 01-30-2015, 11:46 AM.

Comment

so this goes on for 25 minutes at the police station and only one cop responds? why didn't they send more cops when he had to subdue her the first time? I'm not saying he was wrong in shooting her eventually but i do question a lot about what took place before the shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                        I have a child with issues. It's a constant battle to make sure he takes his meds, measure his temperament, respond accordingly to diffuse his anxiety. I pray constantly that he never gets in a bad situation like this. Depression, anxiety and mental illness is real. Many parents (like me) don't want to admit their child has these issues early on and it delays getting them help. The child may perceive this as a parent not caring or lose trust in the parent. Soon a hole is dug so deep the person feels like they are hopeless and helpless to ever be "right". It's taken me over three years to regain that trust and help get my child back to a somewhat stable behavior pattern. There is a lot of guilt on my part knowing if I had acted six years sooner he would be a lot further ahead. I can't imagine the guilt and loss this girls parents feel.

The people here saying "she got what she deserved" must have questionable intellect. The shooting was definitely justifiable. But that doesn't mean "she got what she deserved". It means she didn't get what she needed and her mental illness turned out to be fatal. It's sad for her family. It's sad for the officers. But for her, I pray her demons are silenced and she can rest in peace.
                        ^Best post on here^Thanks for sharing your story. She was a beautiful young girl and I wish she could have gotten the help she needed and I think God that the officer got to go home to his family that night. I can't imagine what the LEO and her parents are going through. Sad all the way around.

Comment

17 yr old Texas Girl Shot By Police

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                          Come on now Skinny, is that calf gonna be carrying a knife?

No but that sucker is very strong and will kick and fight the whole time. And I don't think the officer was aware of a knife or weapon was he?

Was there a toxicology test done on this girl? I've slept since I first read into this deal but don't recall hearing if she was high on drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
                            Didn't you play center for TCU?

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                              No but that sucker is very strong and will kick and fight the whole time. And I don't think the officer was aware of a knife or weapon was he?
                              Yes, when he initially approached her she had written on her hand "I have a gun". That's what started the whole skirmish to begin with and the officer eventually decided to take her to the ground. It's my understanding at some point during the struggle with her on the ground that he saw the knife and I guess decided to let her up and put some distance between them.
                              Typical suicide by cop IMO...she didn't have a gun and could only produce a knife and unfortunently got what she came for.
                              In hindsight I bet the officer wishes he would have just held her down and waited for additional help but when he let her up and she lunged at him with a knife...she gave him no option. Sad deal all the way around.

Comment

Speedgoat I'm 6'04 and weigh in a little over 245 usually and run sub 15% bf. Had it handed to me one night by a 15 year old 90# highly motivated young lady. I don't handcuff by myself because if they change mind with one cuff on they are swinging a nasty weapon. I'll look for some pics of an open cuff that entered beside the eye and ripped to the ear. Sad deal for everyone but I don't see anything wrong with Officers actions

Comment

Working...
                                X