Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by klooney View Post
    Man it was literally every cast! It was a lot of fun
    Packed up my wife and daughter and went next door to do some fishing. We get there and I realize I hadn't brought my fly box!!! A storm was about 30 mins out so I just figured I would let my little girl fish and I'd just try the casting ability of a new to me 8wt that I recently picked up. I tied on a yarn indicator and was casting. Well, when that yarn hit the water, the water exploded. Dozens of gills were fighting for it. This went on for several casts while my daughter was pulling them out left and right with the power bait.

I couldn't take it any longer and snagged a little hook from her tackle box... grabbed a piece of sticky foam from inside my little bag and made a quick popper.

I caught a few that way myself... just a hook and a small piece of foam.

Comment

Just returned from Colorado myself. Fished with my oldest son and his buddy. We flat tore the trout up on dry flies. Everything from Caddis to Hoppers and Ants. It was crazy good, maybe the best dry fly fishing I've ever experienced fishing the Pagosa area. I swear I could live there in the summertime.

Pics to follow...

Comment

Went out to the pond to try out some small flies I tied with some EP fiber knock off (combed out macrame poly cord.)

They worked out very well on the gills.

Comment

Built this table for the up and coming fly tyer in the family. It is a surprise for him when he gets back from camp.

He bought those tools/vise with his own birthday money last month. I just built the table.

Comment

Me and a buddy hit the North Fork of the Guadalupe last Sunday and killed them. More big bluegill and long ears than you can shake a stick at. Some guads, spots and blacks mixed in as well along the way. No shortage of fish up there by any means. All caught on either a 3wt or 5wt and mostly dries with a few wooly buggers mixed in here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
              Built this table for the up and coming fly tyer in the family. It is a surprise for him when he gets back from camp.

He bought those tools/vise with his own birthday money last month. I just built the table.
              I can't believe you would do that to a child. Now he will be stricken with trying to tie the perfect fly, hoarding materials, buying all the latest materials, dying feathers and hair, doing experiments on foam, cork and balsa.

A hobby that will last a life time.

Comment

Learning how to fly fish has been on my bucket list for a long time! Thanks to everybody for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                  I can't believe you would do that to a child. Now he will be stricken with trying to tie the perfect fly, hoarding materials, buying all the latest materials, dying feathers and hair, doing experiments on foam, cork and balsa.

A hobby that will last a life time.
                  lol! Yeah, you have introduced him to a strong addiction! Good job, dad!

Comment

My dad and I got into it a few years ago. We just got back from a guided trip in CO, very cool experience. Now we just tear some perch up in local ponds.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                      I'm going to Colorado in a couple of weeks and really want to give it a shot for some trout. We'll be around Avon/Vail area. Anyone have any recommendations on where to go or what to use during this time? I'm pretty new to fly fishing and can't decide wether to try it on my own or hire a guide for a morning of fishing.
                      We just had a trip through Minturn. It was pretty awesome we caught some nice fish.

Comment

Draco, it was nice to meet ya this morning at living waters! I apologize for having to leave early.

Guys if you want to catch big, and I mean BIG, bass on a fly, Draco is your man!

Sissy arse trout lol!

Comment

Zach and I caught a few last week at Estes Park.

Comment

Originally posted by klooney View Post
                            Draco, it was nice to meet ya this morning at living waters! I apologize for having to leave early.

Guys if you want to catch big, and I mean BIG, bass on a fly, Draco is your man!

Sissy arse trout lol!
                            Did he convince you to start tying yet?!?!?

Comment

Once you go Draco, you never go back.

Comment

Anyone do any fishing this morning??

I was on baby duty this morning, so I'm livIng vicariously through you guys

Comment

Working...
                                X