^^^^ awesome job!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bundyducks View Post

Here is my son catching a drum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Originally posted by bundyducks View Post

Surf fishing in poc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks like a great day on the water for the kiddos! Caught on flyrod?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          Looks like a great day on the water for the kiddos! Caught on flyrod?
          I’m guessing no on the fly rod��. But yes on a great day with the kiddos.
          Last edited by rvd; 04-17-2020, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Sometimes in the murky surf you need a little noise, these rattlers should help.
            https://youtu.be/XbfyE_IqLO0

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
              Texas Cichlid
              I never knew such thing existed, fresh water ?

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                The are everywhere in texas nearly

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuddy View Post
                  The are everywhere in texas nearly

We fish the “ tanks” on a ranch down there and have caught bass, green sunfish, Gar, cat fish and a few others but never one of those. Weird looking fish, for a fresh water species .

Comment

Thought about stopping to fish yesterday on our way back from irrigation check at the ranch but 40+ mph winds and blowing snow made me rethink that.
                    The creeks have open water now and trout should be very hungry but weather has been crappy for fishing when I have the time.
                    I have a nice little 4 wt rod I need to get out for the small stream that is full of browns and brookies.

Comment

Yes. Also called Rio Grande Cichlid. I've caught them on the Frio and Llano rivers. Very hard to get them to bite. I threw a "backstabber" carp fly and let it settle on the bottom. Saw the cichlid swim aggressively to it and inhale it.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
                        Yes. Also called Rio Grande Cichlid. I've caught them on the Frio and Llano rivers. Very hard to get them to bite. I threw a "backstabber" carp fly and let it settle on the bottom. Saw the cichlid swim aggressively to it and inhale it.
                        Are they an aquarium fish that was released, invasive species type thing.

Comment

Are they an aquarium fish that was released, invasive species type thing.
                          Not invasive in Texas. Some people do have them in aquariums.

Comment

fly fishing

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                            Thought about stopping to fish yesterday on our way back from irrigation check at the ranch but 40+ mph winds and blowing snow made me rethink that.
                            The creeks have open water now and trout should be very hungry but weather has been crappy for fishing when I have the time.
                            I have a nice little 4 wt rod I need to get out for the small stream that is full of browns and brookies.
                            I have just fly fished around southern Colorado and love to fish small streams. But this summer my wife an I are heading to Wyoming, Montana and Idaho to do some small stream native fish fishing.

Comment

From a ditch in Pearland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very frustrated today. I’ve had a fly rod for 3 or 4 years, but just hadn’t spent money on a reel and line. Decided to spent some of the extra time on my hands learning to fly fish. So I spent 30-45mins each night this week watching several video series from Mad River Outfitters/Midwest Fly fishing school. Went and picked up a reel at Cabelas and had them tie on backing, fly line and leader. Made it home and realized the guy had put the line on backwards.... so I had the idea unstring it and try to reel it back on the right way....

This is what I ended up with in the backing...

Click image for larger version

Name:	5B271EE1-0122-48C4-9126-38567A6FC107.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	24615895

It never ceases to amaze me how my INTENTIONAL knots like to come untied, but my UNintentional knots, Houdini couldn’t undo!

Comment

Working...
                                X