No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90% of the time I'm fly fishing, fells more authentic, even though I know that's made up in my head

Comment

Finally got to get into some Texas rainbows. Hit the Guadalupe and snagged a monster. Floated the river in really low conditions. Water was crystal clear. Saw a toad in a gut in some riffles, stacked in with a few smaller fish. Passed a nymph triple dropper over him about 9 times. No interest from them. Accidentally foul hooked one of the smaller trout in the tail, it takes off upstream. The larger fish sees the nymph flys hanging off the hooked fish, gives chase, bites the hanging fly, pulled it off of the snagged fish, he’s hooked solid and gave a great fight. Beautiful fish. My guide was stoked. Gonna fish the Guadalupe solo now that I’ve seen how to do it.

Comment

^^^ So awesome, still can’t believe there are bows that big in the guad.

Comment

They are stocked. I landed a few last year. It is nice to be close to home but catching fish where you can hear the homeowner's dogs barking is not the same as the mountain streams.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
            They are stocked. I landed a few last year. It is nice to be close to home but catching fish where you can hear the homeowner's dogs barking is not the same as the mountain streams.

They stock a few times a year. But a ton of them live in there year round and grow big. Yeah, can’t beat the mountains, but it’ll definitely do in a pinch. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The fin scars from the concrete tanks detract from the experience also. It does work in a pinch

Comment

I’m heading out tomorrow for the coast targeting reds and trout then head to Canyon Lake Monday morning for a couple guided days with Castell Guide Service targeting rainbows and browns. It should be a productive and chili 6 days.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                  Finally got to get into some Texas rainbows. Hit the Guadalupe and snagged a monster. Floated the river in really low conditions. Water was crystal clear. Saw a toad in a gut in some riffles, stacked in with a few smaller fish. Passed a nymph triple dropper over him about 9 times. No interest from them. Accidentally foul hooked one of the smaller trout in the tail, it takes off upstream. The larger fish sees the nymph flys hanging off the hooked fish, gives chase, bites the hanging fly, pulled it off of the snagged fish, he’s hooked solid and gave a great fight. Beautiful fish. My guide was stoked. Gonna fish the Guadalupe solo now that I’ve seen how to do it.

Sounds like an awesome trip! What guide did you go with?

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                    Sounds like an awesome trip! What guide did you go with?

Michael

Thanks! Went with John, he owns Lone Star Fly Fishing. It was an awesome day. Gonna go throw flys at stripers with him on canyon lake in Jan. Hopefully.

Comment

Now that would be a blast. I’m going with Dan Cone with Castell

Michael

Comment

Some of the finest fly fishing around is right here where I live... Casper, Wyoming.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                          Some of the finest fly fishing around is right here where I live... Casper, Wyoming.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Be out your way in End of May. You’re a lucky man

Comment

What an awesome day! We hit the water at 8:30 and my third fish landed was 20” on the money. A trophy trout right out of the gate! I caught at least a half dozen 16”+ with the next biggest coming in at 18”. This trip will definitely be remembered and talked about for many years to come.

Michael

Comment

I went bass fishing, the Guadalupe Bass were active and hitting small nymphs but I did find a #12 Clouser Minnow that the like, but these are challenging to get a hook set, I did manage to catch a few hook ups on video. Enjoy this short video.
                              https://youtu.be/KXMMkW6Moa4

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been lurking on this thread for a while. I bought a cheap TFO 5wt this summer and have been slowly figuring it out. Planning on fighting the crowds on the Guad this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X