Opinions on Huntsville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell her to go to SFA instead
    Huntsville is an ok place and a good school, SFA is just so much prettier and I personally like the town more.

Comment

I lived there for over 2 years until i graduated this year. Your daughter will like the school and the town.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspro View Post
        Should be pretty safe. Its where Death Row is located.
        Death row is 15 or 20 miles outside of town.

Comment

Originally posted by one-shot View Post
          Death row is 15 or 20 miles outside of town.
          Then it has moved. Death Row used to be right across the street from the University hotel in the WALLS UNIT.

I graduated from there 21 years ago. It was a great town then!

Comment

Huntsville is awesome. for your case there are 3 different types of cops that patrol around here. UPD HPD and the sheriffs office. It is a super safe town and not a lot of problems. The cops usually stay busy with noise complaints and college stuff like that. lol Your daughter will enjoy it. I have helped recruit for sam and if needed can help show you and your daughter around if needed. Just let me know. But the school is great and is one of the quickest growing colleges around and is well known in many different areas as well.

Comment

Nice town, low crime rate and getting closer to ATM. Just have her transfer there instead.

Comment

My BIL spent 5yrs locked up down there. He never got into any trouble!

Comment

I've had some friends graduate from there and my wife is actually getting her masters there (should graduate this coming May). I would say that town overall is a pretty dang safe place for a college student or any person to that fact...

Comment

IT's a great area. I have lots of family from that area and spend a lot time there. Quite little town for the most part. My cousin owns Kings Candies on the square.

Comment

I have a bunch of friends out that way, spend alot of time out there...Nice town....Got a buddy on the Huntsville PD also and he says the crime isn't that bad....Just the normal rifraff you have everywhere....

Comment

I lived there for a couple of years in the early 80's and I really liked the town. I had a friend that would come to visit from out of town and asked me how I could stand to live there- it made him nervous to even visit. I explained that if a convict excaped the last place they wanted to be was Huntsville, Texas. The only problem I had was not being able to get home occasionally because one would escape and they would have the road closed that I lived on while they were searching.

Comment

She'll like it. I mean not as much as she would College Station but I have a good time (or so I am told) in Huntsville.

Comment

Originally posted by TXPalerider View Post
                            Then it has moved. Death Row used to be right across the street from the University hotel in the WALLS UNIT.

I graduated from there 21 years ago. It was a great town then!
                            Death Row was always at the Ellis Unit out FM 980. They moved it to Livingston to the newer unit a few years ago. The Walls only has the Death Chamber.

Comment

Originally posted by texag93 View Post
                              Nice town, low crime rate and getting closer to ATM. Just have her transfer there instead.
                              Uh, no aggies in this house.

She is dead set on this so I'm really liking what y'all are saying.

Comment

Whatever Cheri.

Jason she is going to A&M eventually.....galveston. Poooooooooooor Sea Aggie.

I had an uncle that lived in Huntsville for 30 years....he said all there was to do was play basketball and lift weights and there were alot of bars and fences and alot of people walking around with guns.

Comment

Working...
                                X