• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H&P yard in Odessa!

Comment

Wow!

Comment

That's a neat picture, but a scary sight...

Comment

Looks exactly the same at the new Seguin yard. Hate seeing it every time I pass by.

Comment

Well at least they're "hot stacked". Ready to get back to work at a moments notice. The way things are going anything could happen.

Comment

Originally posted by JSAPP View Post
              Well at least they're "hot stacked". Ready to get back to work at a moments notice. The way things are going anything could happen.
              I count 16 and hear there is 6 more on the way. I heard they're stacked standing because there isn't enough room for all that's coming. I hope that's wrong and it's more of a maintenance and readiness thing.

Comment

Just heard today that we don't have anything on the books until May. Scary deal for me. Hopefully some jobs start popping up soon.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                  I count 16 and hear there is 6 more on the way. I heard they're stacked standing because there isn't enough room for all that's coming. I hope that's wrong and it's more of a maintenance and readiness thing.
                  That's what they told us in 2007. Stayed hot stacked for a hitch. At the start of the next hitch had to lay off my floor hands. At the end of my hitch had to lay off my Derrick hand and driller. By my next hitch, I was offshore cause I wasn't sticking around to see if rig managers were next. Been out here ever since where contracts are a little expensive to just pay out.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                    That's what they told us in 2007. Stayed hot stacked for a hitch. At the start of the next hitch had to lay off my floor hands. At the end of my hitch had to lay off my Derrick hand and driller. By my next hitch, I was offshore cause I wasn't sticking around to see if rig managers were next. Been out here ever since where contracts are a little expensive to just pay out.
                    I'm sure that's how it's gonna be.. Patterson is laying off many of their floor and motor positions.

Comment

I'm sure that's how it's gonna be.. Patterson is laying off many of their floor and motor positions.
                      I don't know anything about drilling...does this mean they are still drilling but with fewer people?

Comment

Originally posted by cosmiccowboy View Post
                        I don't know anything about drilling...does this mean they are still drilling but with fewer people?
                        Still the same amount per rig but when they lay down the rigs they layoff the lower level (floorhand, motor man) positions and move derrickmen and drillers from the stacked rigs into those positions on rigs that are still running.

Comment

Oil taking a huge beating today.

No telling where it heads from here. I think it may have been a dead cat bounce that traders jumped on. May take an event to get it to go back up again.

Comment

Still the same amount per rig but when they lay down the rigs they layoff the lower level (floorhand, motor man) positions and move derrickmen and drillers from the stacked rigs into those positions on rigs that are still running.
                            Exactly what they're doing on my Patterson rig too. And drilling supers have been knocked back down to comp men.

Comment

I stacked a rig there last hitch and will be doing another one next week, and hey aren't all hot stacked we bought contracts out on two of them, out of the 17 that are there right now 12 came from California and up north bc they believe when it picks up the Permian is where it will be first, and yes they are standing then bc it's only 50 acres and they have 40 rigs coming in

Comment

Working...
                              X