Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
    We lost 10 good men including myself today in this round of lay offs. Word from the office is they're about to hit the guys that are left with yet another pay cut. They've already been cut almost 50%. I suspect some of the remaining guys will just walk off when they hit them again.
    DANG! That really sucks, hate to hear it. If you need anything up this way give me a yell.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
      Check that, 10 Directional Drillers and 10 MWD's. 20 men total.
      We lost more as well.. Word is we supposedly won't take another cut (yea right) but we may be about to go on rotations instead of more layoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
        man, I had to lay myself off last week! getting bad out there. hopefully it starts picking back up.

have those union refinery guys that were on strike gone back to work yet? that had about 15% of the refining capacity offline

Good luck in your new endeavor Kyle

Comment

The hits keep coming...SLB was hit hard here in Alice today. This oilfield town is gonna get depressing with all the pinching.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

NOV downhole moved out of Alice a few months ago. Not looking good for that town. That is a lot of lost revenue for the city.

Thanks Ethan. I'm looking forward to it. I heard one of the guys over there likes to hunt.
            Last edited by kyle1974; 04-01-2015, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Anyone heard anything about FTS (Fractech)? I have a nephew that works for them out of Alice.
              Last edited by cosmiccowboy; 04-01-2015, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baud'up View Post
                Good luck in your new endeavor Kyle
                This is a bad April Fool's joke, right?!
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Yeah Ethan, that's a good question!??!

Comment

I may have taken too long to make a decision on the west TX offer.
                    I hope to hear back soon or I'll be looking elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by CletusBodeen View Post
                      I may have taken too long to make a decision on the west TX offer.
                      I hope to hear back soon or I'll be looking elsewhere.
                      I thought I may have taken too long to say yes and it took 2 weeks for HR to call me. So hopefully that is what is going on for you.

Comment

I'm a flow back hand they just cut our 24s to 18s starting today. Hold on to your nutts boys

Comment

Just heard of a rig explosion offshore. Anybody heard anything? Saying 4 dead but no spill ?!?! Prayers up
                          Last edited by txoutdoorsman24; 04-02-2015, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Article...
                            Three hundred workers evacuated from platform owned by Mexico’s state-run Pemex after explosion early on Wednesday morning

Comment

The rumor im hearing here in the eastern panhandle and western Oklahoma is that our reserve is almost at full capacity. When they reach full capacity we will have no choice but to start shutting in wells as soon as the tanks are full on each location. Im on the midstream natural gas side so that doesn't sound good to me. As soon as they start shutting in wells then we lose our gas flow. It's definitely going to take a while for this to settle out.

Comment

I start on a welding gig here in town on Monday. Pretty decent $ for here at the house too. I've also got a bite on possibly going to Ukraine as either a driller or tool pusher. I'm waiting to hear back on that one. A body in motion tends to stay in motion to I'm keeping one foot in front of the other. As for now, there's an 11month old little girl that hasn't been to day care since daddy has been home.

Comment

Working...
                                X