No announcement yet.

Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an ancient old buck that just showed up here at home yesterday. Looks like he has been shed a couple of weeks as his pedicles are already white. I sure wish i knew who who was. Im betting its some old buck that was raised here and decided to come home now that he is about done.

Comment

Nice deer.

Comment

Enjoyable thread and I enjoyed every informational post, keep-em coming.

Comment

I've read most of the posts in this thread, they've been great and given me some good ideas. Don't think I saw it mentioned, but has there been any discussion on issues with hogs during the "corning with vanilla" process and Corning in general in sanctuaries? They wipe my corn out in no time strait. I just done see any getting around them... Anyone done anything different to keep mature bucks in a certain area and hogs away? Debating on running some feeders just to keep hogs attention away from these sanctuarie areas and maybe they'll leave the hand corn alone for the most part.

Comment

DOUBLE.A pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              I have an ancient old buck that just showed up here at home yesterday. Looks like he has been shed a couple of weeks as his pedicles are already white. I sure wish i knew who who was. Im betting its some old buck that was raised here and decided to come home now that he is about done.

Looks like I need to go searching in the woods

Comment

I'm thinking the same thing double a.

Comment

Finding the sheds to a good buck I'm thinking will be good insight to where he spends most of his time.

Comment

Well, many of my mature deer finally made it home. Typically, they show up in my sanctuaries the first week in December. A few did but several of my lifetime resident deer jut didnt come home. That changed this week. Lost of them are already shed though so I cant definatively ID several of them but i have a good idea who they are.

I need to make a round looking for sheds. cant wait to see what a couple of these look like next year.

Comment

Originally posted by mdnabors View Post
                      I've read most of the posts in this thread, they've been great and given me some good ideas. Don't think I saw it mentioned, but has there been any discussion on issues with hogs during the "corning with vanilla" process and Corning in general in sanctuaries? They wipe my corn out in no time strait. I just done see any getting around them... Anyone done anything different to keep mature bucks in a certain area and hogs away? Debating on running some feeders just to keep hogs attention away from these sanctuarie areas and maybe they'll leave the hand corn alone for the most part.
                      I have a few portable feed pens made of short hog panel and 4 T post. Works great in hog prone areas. I had more hog trouble this year than ever before.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                        I have a few portable feed pens made of short hog panel and 4 T post. Works great in hog prone areas. I had more hog trouble this year than ever before.
                        Good to know. What are the dimensions you use? Any pics of that setup or can PM me. Thanks

Comment

I am just catching up and great thread gar thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by mdnabors View Post
                            Good to know. What are the dimensions you use? Any pics of that setup or can PM me. Thanks
                            Just two 12ft hog panels and a 16ft cut in the middle for the ends. Makes a 12x 8ft handcorn pen. Sometimes I just anchor them with rebar.

Comment

Thanks for info ^^

Comment

Took a walk and found a couple of matched sheds. 2 year old 8pt. Sure would like to find that old geezers sheds.

Comment

Working...
                                X