No announcement yet.

Fx4 = 4x4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the 6" lift is going to happen for sure!
    I don't need all the bells and whistles on the inside, but do want 4 wheel drive and some kind of deer protection up front.
    Last edited by AntlerCollector; 07-26-2014, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuz View Post
      I went from new factory shocks and spacers to Bilstien adjustables (on 2" setting). On the road it's not a big deal but on rough country roads, or off road, (which I am a lot!) the Bilsteins are definitely rougher! I'm very unhappy with them personally.
      Now, it's important to note that I have been told that its because I have them on the highest setting. That if id go down one or two settings they'd be smoother, or "softer", but then what's the point if ifs not liftin!
      Maybe you should consider an actual lift kit to lift instead of shocks. I bet you'd be much happier.

Comment

I'd pick the one I can commit to sticking with until it burns up. (Credit to D. Ramsey) 👍

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
          This thread is confusing...

My 2013 XL (base model) is 4x4 with skid plates and locking diff. You don't have to get an fx4 for the truck to have a few off-road goodies. Imo, decide exactly which features you want and see if you can get them without paying an extra $10-15k for the fancy trim and fx4 sticker.
          Mine does to same model and all as yours

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            I think the 6" lift is going to happen for sure!
            I don't need all the bells and whistles on the inside, but do want 4 wheel drive and some kind of deer protection up front.
            They have 2 F-150 xlt ecoboosts with 6" lifts here on the lot. I just opted for the bells and whistles lol
            Attached Files

Comment

They got it in black?

I guess I'm gonna drop in there.

Comment

They got it in black?

I guess I'm gonna drop in there.
                One in Kodiak brown one in white and I just saw a black FX4 with the 6" lift. All nice rides.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                  I'd pick the one I can commit to sticking with until it burns up. (Credit to D. Ramsey) 👍
                  I've just about run my 1999 ford f150 into the ground! The next one I get will last me 15 years as well! Debt free here! I'm hesitant to get a truck note. I own a 99 f150, 07 explorer and my motorcycle all paid in full. Love me some Dave Ramsey!

Comment

That last one AC looks like a 6" suspension lift with nitto 35's (tires). I've got the nitto 33's on mine and love em. Hum a little more than the rest of the mud tires IMO. The dealership will definitely mark up the whole package price by at least $1000, usually more. My brother (sarge03) just got his done at Cutten Customs and cost $2000 installed and that's a 6" BDS suspension lift with nitto 35's. Here's mine with no lift (black) and sarge's (red).
                    Last edited by BowOnly81; 08-06-2014, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Sarge's truck
                      Last edited by BowOnly81; 08-06-2014, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beans View Post
                        One in Kodiak brown one in white and I just saw a black FX4 with the 6" lift. All nice rides.
                        Was the black fx4 with 6" lift at the dealership???

Pics or it didn't happen!!!

Comment

Bowonly81 those are both very nice! Thanks for posting

Comment

Bowonly81 those are both very nice! Thanks for posting
                            You bet. Look into the BDS suspension lift. I've heard from several people that it works better with fords for some reason. One of the best you can buy. And sarge says his ride is now better than stock, which is rare with a suspension lift. MPG drops about 2-3 mpg but you can counter act that with a $300 chip and have much more power and gas mileage! Good luck bud

Comment

Mac haik closed at 4 PM today lol

Comment

I will be the first to suggest not buying a truck already lifted from the dealer. They come with cheap lift kits, mostly Rough County, and let's just say they aren't worth a ****. I didn't lose the "Cadillac ride" that my stock ford suspension gave me and working in the oil field and driving down bumpy, rocky roads just as much as I do the Hwy, the BDS has held up great. Save yourself money and buy a good lift like BDS aftermarket. Before I bought my truck, I was looking at a lifted FX4 with a rough country lift and they were charging $7K more for a $2000 lift, tires, and rim package.

Comment

Working...
                                X