No announcement yet.

Fx4 = 4x4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or just sell me this one you have plenty . I love the front bumper and lights.

Comment

I traded a xlt 4x4, it had a locking rearend. Still loving mine
      Attached Files

Comment

I wish I still had them ha ha. I have a 2006 F-150 FX4 Supercrew now. Sliver with a level and crappy tires. Been putting all my spare money into land and a shop. Plus I moved to VA so had to spend a lot that.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Are you having the dealer install the leveling kit or an outside business?
          I am having the dealer install the lift and tires they made me a good deal so figured I would jump on it.

Comment

Originally posted by JP8 View Post
            Just to give you an idea on how great they look with a lift. Here is one of my 7 lol. Miss it. I blame deployments and getting bored with them.

Quite posting these lifted trucks, makes me want to lift mine. Lift and big tires = more gas....

Comment

Originally posted by Beans View Post
              I am having the dealer install the lift and tires they made me a good deal so figured I would jump on it.
              I'm in Victoria now. What dealer did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by JP8 View Post
                Hmm I had spacers on 3 of my F-150s and they made it rougher. Bilstein worked great. Only spent $150 on em.

Wait do you drive a Chevy?
                Chevy? That explains it! Enuff said. Lol

Comment

I have 1 3/4" block lift on rear 1" level kit on front with bilstein 5100 off road series shocks and programmable chip in it. It is 2003 7.3 FX4 Lariat. It has never let me down on my old ranch or anywhere else. Probably will keep it until I die! Lol
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    I'm in Victoria now. What dealer did you use?
                    I went to mac haik ford here in Victoria.

Comment

Btw you can add skid plate and any other off road upgrade to any new 4x4 for a lot less than the FX package.

My 2011 4x4 has all the upgrades other than the interior. I preferred the bench seat over the center console. We're a family of 5 so without that spot we can't legally take 1 friend/cousin with us. Its also easier for the wife to slide over when we're on date night or lay across the seat to.......take a nap.

Comment

Ford offers a 4x4, 4x4 Offroad (tire upgrade and maybe an extra skidplate), and FX4 (which is also 4x4). The FX4 comes from the factory with Rancho shocks and a skidplate. It is the luxury off-road package.

Comment

If you get the FX4 dont plan on the crap Pirelli tires lasting long. Worst tire I have seen in a while.

Comment

This thread is confusing...

My 2013 XL (base model) is 4x4 with skid plates and locking diff. You don't have to get an fx4 for the truck to have a few off-road goodies. Imo, decide exactly which features you want and see if you can get them without paying an extra $10-15k for the fancy trim and fx4 sticker.
                            Last edited by 30-30; 07-25-2014, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Had a choice between the standard xlt with a 6'' lift and running boards but once I drove the fx4 it felt like the truck for me I like having captain seats with the console.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Assassin View Post
                                Really? I just had 4 5100's installed. Old ones was worn out. Haven't taken off road but my diesel mechanic recommend it to me. Said its the best off road shocks on the market. Hmmm?
                                I went from new factory shocks and spacers to Bilstien adjustables (on 2" setting). On the road it's not a big deal but on rough country roads, or off road, (which I am a lot!) the Bilsteins are definitely rougher! I'm very unhappy with them personally.
                                Now, it's important to note that I have been told that its because I have them on the highest setting. That if id go down one or two settings they'd be smoother, or "softer", but then what's the point if ifs not liftin!

Comment

Working...
                                X