Fx4 = 4x4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigL View Post
    Fx4 is 4x4 with better interior and a few off road upgrades like skid plates.
    This

Comment

The difference is the fx4 has a locking read differential. The 4x4 doesn't. That means the fx4 gets stuck farther into the bad stuff

Comment

Originally posted by bear tx View Post

Picture of mine before tint, bedrug, and tri-fold bed cover. I like it a lot. Wife picked out everything. I only wanted a 4x4 pickup, bed cover, and bedrug. She chose blacked out, 4-door, appearance package ect.
        Oh man I want those rims on mine!

Comment

Just make sure that if you get a aftermarket lift, that the place you get it from will give you a warranty. If something were to go wrong, Ford may not cover it if they deem the lift be at fault. So the aftermarket place will cove it.

Arron

Comment

Originally posted by Cuz View Post
            Don't waste your money on the Bilstiens. I have em on my truck right now. Front spacers are much cheaper and produce the same lift. And I prefer the ride of factory shocks with spacers over the Bilstiens. My truck with the Bilstiens will flat beat you up on a bumpy road!
            Hmm I had spacers on 3 of my F-150s and they made it rougher. Bilstein worked great. Only spent $150 on em.

Wait do you drive a Chevy?
            Last edited by JP8; 07-24-2014, 07:29 PM.

Comment

The deal with a Lift kit and warranty is.. If the lift caused it to go mess up then it could not be covered. So if you motor blows with a 6" lift you are going to be covered. I've owned a lot of lifted trucks and each dealer will tell you something different.

Comment

Originally posted by hcshooter View Post
                Do not get the lifted, larger tire, fender flare version from the dealer.
                They put alot of mark up on them for that, you can get the entire package including wheels and tires installed for under 5k .

I got the FX4 and it rides good on highway, 4 wheels nice. I have not leveled mine or added tires and wheels. I did replace the perillis with bfg though.
                Like 8-10K.. Crazy

G

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                  The difference is the fx4 has a locking read differential. The 4x4 doesn't. That means the fx4 gets stuck farther into the bad stuff
                  Just about all the high level package has the locking differential as well. Also if you want the 3.73 rear end you may have to order it. I had to order mine because I wanted the max tow package, love the mirrors.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Big mirror with the max tow
                    Attached Files

Comment

Just to give you an idea on how great they look with a lift. Here is one of my 7 lol. Miss it. I blame deployments and getting bored with them.

Comment

Originally posted by JP8 View Post
                        Just to give you an idea on how great they look with a lift. Here is one of my 7 lol. Miss it. I blame deployments and getting bored with them.

Sweet rig!

Comment

Oh and another

Comment

Ok last one

Comment

Originally posted by JP8 View Post

Now we are talking! That's the lift I'm looking for. Please let me know what you have. PM me if you want. I'm gonna build my truck on this thread lol

Comment

I know these trucks in and out. After 2010 model I got back from Iraq and got a Tundra.. Know that is a beast .

Comment

Working...
                                X