No announcement yet.

TBH BLOOD DOG TRACKING, TRAINING, & RECOVERY Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three tracks since yesterday afternoon and we are 2 for 3.

Comment

Congrats! Rowdy is on a roll this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post

Three tracks since yesterday afternoon and we are 2 for 3.

I had to zoom in to make sure those weren't guts hanging out!

Comment

Sissy may be about to have pups any day but she can still track. Trail was 14 hours old. Shot her while she was turning. Entrance was mid body with exit between the legs. Not much blood but she made short work of it.

Comment

Merry Christmas! We caught a nice one this morning.

Comment

Awesome thread. Keep sharing with us!

Comment

Rowdys doing great! Congrats on your finds Sika

All of our guest are making good shots, or missing completely! The few calls I have received have been on very small properties, or in the middle of a hunting group we have in.

Merry Christmas everyone. Good Luck tracking

Comment

Molly drug me through 400 yards of the thickest stuff on our place, over a small bluff, and through a spring to find Whitney's doe. I don't think this doe would have been found without her. She done good.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint View Post
                    Molly drug me through 400 yards of the thickest stuff on our place, over a small bluff, and through a spring to find Whitney's doe. I don't think this doe would have been found without her. She done good.
                    Sure looks like a good shot, though! Good job Molly!

Comment

The shot was actually a bit high and back. The way she's rolled over a bit makes it look better than it was.

Comment

Tori found dad's deer,400 yard track on a 14 hr soak

Comment

20 mph wind this afternoon made for tough shooting. She was a hair over 300 yards and the bullet was pushed forward. Dimmit jumped her alive and off they went. She ended up expiring before I made it to them. Start to finish was 377 yards

Comment

Nice!

Comment

TBH BLOOD DOG TRACKING, TRAINING, & RECOVERY Thread

They say to always trust your dog... At some point I will remember that! We've been at my girlfriend's ranch in Mason all week and last night her dad took the first management 12 point I've ever seen in Mason county. He shot him with a rifle quartering away as he walked into the brush and hit him back into his body more than he was planning on. We found a few specks of blood but then it stopped so I ran back to the house to grab Bullet! He got us another 40 yards ahead to the next decent spot of blood, took us into the brush where we found some more, and things looked promising!

We finally got to one spot of blood where it looked like he could have gone either straight into more brush, or taken a slight right into the open trail. Gf's dad and I were on hands and knees trying to find that next spot while Bullet kept running off to my left over and over again. I thought he was just running around trying to catch the scent again so I corrected him 4 different times.

Finally I looked to the left which was a hard 90 degree turn and I saw a spot of blood 5 yards ahead!! Then I look up 50 yards and see Bullet's light isnt moving at all, and since he's a JRT, the only time he's not moving is when he's on his deer or he's asleep, I ran up there and there he was!!!! 250 yards of brush later Bullet saved the day and got one big ole piece of deer heart!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451393139.627687.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	24423200

Comment

Hey buddy what tracking collar do you use for that little dog? I want to get one.

Comment

Working...
                                X