TBH BLOOD DOG TRACKING, TRAINING, & RECOVERY Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrokenJ View Post
    I have a question about the tracking dog list want to add my dog Dimmit to the list but what makes a one, two or three?

The amount of experience that the dog has. One being less and three being the most.

Comment

I understand it's based on experience, but what is the split between two and three. I have had him the last two years on 30 to 40 practice tracks a year. With an estimated 10 real tracks two season ago, and 18 real tracks and one bay last year. This year he has been on 6 practice tracks and 2 real tracks and 3 bays. Already take tracking calls for people I know around here, and friends that manage ranches but that's about it. I consider practice track, dead within a hundred yards or a great blood trail you don't need a dog for. Real track hunter or I truly could not have found deer without dog. And bays, alive and running, fighting dog, not just alive laying there.

Comment

Hey the hide toys yall are giving your dogs is it just raw hide??? do yall freeze it or what???

Comment

I freeze deer hide and knee down front legs for my dog in the off season.

Comment

I freeze deer hide and knee down front legs for my dog in the off season.
            I've got a doe head and some hide in the truck right now... wondering about cutting a big strip and seeing what Kirby does....

Comment

Mock trails or chew toys?

Comment

I understand it's based on experience, but what is the split between two and three. I have had him the last two years on 30 to 40 practice tracks a year. With an estimated 10 real tracks two season ago, and 18 real tracks and one bay last year. This year he has been on 6 practice tracks and 2 real tracks and 3 bays. Already take tracking calls for people I know around here, and friends that manage ranches but that's about it. I consider practice track, dead within a hundred yards or a great blood trail you don't need a dog for. Real track hunter or I truly could not have found deer without dog. And bays, alive and running, fighting dog, not just alive laying there.
                Ttt

Comment

My pup, now 10 weeks old, just had the best mock trail she's ever had and I couldn't be happier! It wasn't long but I put 3 90° turns in it. She hit the trail running and never missed a beat. She turned when she needed to and went straight to the deer foot. That just made my day.

Comment

Comment

This thread is probably my all-time favorite

Comment

Originally posted by FIO17 View Post

Nice looking pup, whodid you get her from?

Comment

David Denham out of Temple Tx.

Comment

Thank You.

Comment

Good looking pup.

Comment

Good looking dog sir

Comment

Working...
                                X