No announcement yet.

Strava cycling app for TBH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hadn't rode much all week so I took the mountain bike out this afternoon.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407106740.464408.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	24319488

Comment

Finally broke a century for the week!! I might be down for some shorts, cause I need another pair. A jersey would be handy too if I could convince my lovely bride that is is necessary!

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
        I went to a place today that you guys would like....although, I had to wave the white flag and turn around...for a couple reasons. First and foremost, I took the wrong bike. I had read it was paved, and it is...but it is much more geared toward the mountain bike and I was on the road bike.

It was a bit of a warning for the ride to come when I get to the trailhead....look at the sign to see (bottom right)

[ATTACH]639762[/ATTACH]

Then make about a dozen turns on the pedal to see

[ATTACH]639763[/ATTACH]

Not sure how many of you know this....but I have a love for snakes...NOT!

I did see one, but that was not the issue. The paved path is smaller than the other in the San Antonio Greenbelt system. It is not kept as clean....still not the problem.

This trail goes very remote and there are not many people out there at all. If you have a problem, you could be out there by yourself for quite some time. I didn't see anyone else on the trail except for 4 miles in when I decided I needed to wave the white flag. I talked to a couple for a few minutes while trying to determine the trail ahead on map. The elevation climb (or drop, depending on direction going) was pretty steep. I took this picture, but no matter how hard I tried, I could not capture the depth. It was STEEP!!!

[ATTACH]639764[/ATTACH]

I did 4 of these (walking the bike....doing those steep switchbacks with clip ins is just asking for a broke leg!)

Anyway, I had to finally give up....something I do not like to do!, and go back to San Antonio to finish my ride.

I want to give it another try because it is such a cool place, but will have to find someone to go out there with me.....and take the other bike!

You guys should check it out if ever in the area. It's definitely different.
        Is this the area called Medina River Natural Area on the way to Poteet? How many total miles could you ride if you had the right bike?

I had a good week and broke the 50mile mark. Almost half of those miles came off my mtn bike.

Saw these guys having a good time while on the trails. Seems a whole lot cheaper if something breaks down...lol
        Attached Files

Comment

Good riding this week everyone

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
            Is this the area called Medina River Natural Area on the way to Poteet? How many total miles could you ride if you had the right bike?
            Yes, that's it.

The web site says 7 miles one way....my plan was to do it twice so I could get my 100 in before week's end. (That 100 was my goal a couple weeks ago and finally could hit it. May not happen again for a while.)

It's a really cool, remote place to ride and be....I just think using a road bike was pushing it. The pavements is not as smooth as other trails and those switchbacks were the devil in disguise!

And with that said...I still want to go back and ride it again.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
              Good riding this week everyone
              Agree....we need to find Clark, though. He is noticeably missing

Comment

Yes we do. I hope everything is alright with him. I had asked if anyone had talked to him and they had not.

Comment

Agreed. Clark's absence is the only reason I am holding the position I am this week. Maybe he will show back up tomorrow.

Comment

Congrats on the 100 miles this week.

Does anyone know Clark or know how to get in touch with him ?

Comment

I sent a private message, but will email him too. Although...the email I have is work. Hoepfully, he was just on vacation and will respond in the morning.

Edit....appears he is on vacation...I received an auto response that he is out until the 11th. Lucky guy!

Comment

Good job everyone, neat to see everyone's rides back home in Texas and where y'all are riding

Comment

For those asking about fast pedaling, those guys were likely on a recovery ride. Esp if they were.going slow. The high cadence keeps.the blood and lactic acid flushed out of your legs. Low cadence hard pedaling is stressful and similar to high weight reps in the weight room. Its.a.lot of stress on the joints if you are not conditioned properly.

The bike shop was.right. 90-100 is optimal cadence but everyone is unique so you might be lower or.higher. believe it or not some of the track sprinters can go at 180rpm for short bursts. Its crazy how fast they are.spinning.

Comment

Sorry all. I answered that same question about high cadence riding. It was already answered. But great minds think alike at least!

Comment

Well I am going to play Clark since he is on vacation. We set a new record last week for the group of a total of 955 miles. Well done everyone. Some new faces in the top 3 Brandon, Glenn and Mary. Congrats to everyone that set a goal and accomplished it last week. A new week has begun. Let's break the 1,000 mile mark this week.

Good luck out there stay safe and stay hydrated.

Comment

Good job yall... it's gonna be another not so great a week for me... I'm battling bad allergies and a sinus infection so i can't breathe!

Comment

Working...
                                X