Eco Boost V6 vs 5.0 V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    The title begs the question....when are they gonna quit jacking around with 6 cylinders and turbo charge the 5.0???
    I bet Hennessey does it.

Comment

So does Rousch, but why not in a production model?

Comment

You couldn't pay me to drive anything touched by Hennessey, but that's another story. While we're throwing turbos on things, why not twins on a 6.2?

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
          You couldn't pay me to drive anything touched by Hennessey, but that's another story. While we're throwing turbos on things, why not twins on a 6.2?
          Not that it matter since you're a Hennessey hater but they do offer a twin 6.2. 800+HP in the Raptor. I'm sure they offer the same in a regular F150.

Comment

So does Rousch, but why not in a production model?
            Personally if I were going to boost one, I would rather the aftermarket tuners do it. Toyota is the only one that ever really got a twin turbo vehicle right with the 92-96 Supra.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Not that it matter since you're a Hennessey hater but they do offer a twin 6.2. 800+HP in the Raptor. I'm sure they offer the same in a regular F150.
              I'd be surprised if that truck puts over 500 to the tire. You mess around enough people over the years and no amount of marketing can change peoples thinking.

Comment

The title begs the question....when are they gonna quit jacking around with 6 cylinders and turbo charge the 5.0???
                I agree it would be nice. But Ford has not told our dealership about any plans to do so. It would scream for sure!

Comment

I have a 2012 EcoBoost and I love it! Yeah you don't get the mileage they claim but the pros of this truck far out weigh the cons! If your on the green screen that means your a hunter and when you hunt you need to be quite and I can guarantee you there is no quiter truck out there! I creep up on game all the time that had no idea I was there and with the loud v8 that's not happening also when hunting you find yourself in areas that are muddy and wet this truck handles that situation like a champ! It's so light it's hard to get it stuck and with all the power this thing has for it's weight when you do think your about to get stuck you give it a little gas and BAM your free and movin again! And it's a dream to drive! It's a rocket ship when you need it and a ecofriendly pick up when you keep your foot off the floor. I just like having the best of both worlds, MPG's if I want it or power and speed you pick it's got both!

Comment

Personally if I were going to boost one, I would rather the aftermarket tuners do it. Toyota is the only one that ever really got a twin turbo vehicle right with the 92-96 Supra.
                    Ford seems to think they have it down with the ecoboost...that's why I'm curious why they don't adapt it to a v-8.

Comment

Just get a 5.0 and put twin turbos on it.

Best of both worlds.
                      I would love to hear how this went! What kind of MPG's are you getting?

Comment

Ford seems to think they have it down with the ecoboost...that's why I'm curious why they don't adapt it to a v-8.
                        They are trying to claim better fuel mileage.

I don't think they will ever offer it as a factory option.

Comment

Originally posted by Houston4x4 View Post
                          I would love to hear how this went! What kind of MPG's are you getting?
                          LOL, I don't have one. That was just a suggestion.

Comment

Because with more displacement an direct inject twin turbo would really be a hungry engine. It would be a bad ***** engine, I would guess north of 550 hp and 600 pound of torque. It would scream in a 1/2 ton.

Comment

After hours and hours of research I went with the V8 5.0. Put larger BFGs on it getting 16.5 mixed driving all day long. Sounds amazing drives perfect. Bought in August brand new and already have 28k miles. Best truck I have ever owned. My friend is trading in his 2011 Eco for a new v8... Hold off for the 2015 to come out in the fall and you'll get an amazing deal on a 14

Comment

I've got the 5.0, guy at my station has the ecoboost. I'm happy, he's disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                                X