Eco Boost V6 vs 5.0 V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eco Boost V6 vs 5.0 V8

looking to buy a new ford 4wheel drive f150 looking for advice on the v6 eco boost vs the 5.0 v8

I've got the 5.0. Had it 3 weeks now. Happy so far

Comment

I've got the 5.0l 4x4 and love it.

Comment

I love my 5.0! The 5 liter sounds amazing and has good power and economy!

Comment

Ford mechanic buddy says 5.0 all day.

Comment

2012 4x4 offroad with 5.0. About 45,000 miles.

I haven't had an issues. I just couldn't get a v6

Comment

Only reason I didnt get the ecoboost was because after warranty maintenance will be crazy expensive.

Comment

I think you'll always wish you had an 8...if you go w the 6...kinda like I wish I had 4x4 in my f150. but at least I have the 5.0 v8...and love it anyway!

Comment

Ecoboost all the way. It's like driving a sports car, lots of pep. All my past trucks have been Ford V8's. I don't think I'll ever go back.

Comment

'13 ecoboost 4X4... great power, smooth operating HORRIBLE GAS MILEAGE! ...only reason I got it over the V8... Had the computer on it running avg. MPG since it had about 5,000 miles... now has 20K on it... 14.8mpg avg! With a trailer and Polaris 4-wheeler, mileage drops to 11 or less... Sitll plenty of power.

2 recommendations:
                    1. get the 6 1/2 foot bed
                    2. get the 5.0 V8.

FYI, mine is a Platinum with all the bells and whistles and I love it. Just wish I'd gotten the V8 5.0. Had a '10 King Ranch with 5.4 V8. It got better mileage than this ecoboost...
                    I won't make that mistake again.

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
                      Ecoboost all the way. It's like driving a sports car, lots of pep. All my past trucks have been Ford V8's. I don't think I'll ever go back.
                      Jason, If you ever operate one of the 5.0's, I think you'll change your mind. What kind of mileage you gettin'? My daughter has a 2wd with the ecoboost and it does pretty good on gas, but everyone I know that has it in a 4X4 is getting about what mine is...

Comment

Thanks The eco boost has lots of power but the reviews I have read is that they don't get near the gas mileage as ford says they do and with it costing a $1000 dollars just not sure it makes sense to get one

Comment

Have the 5.0 4x4 and love it

Comment

I have a 2013 with the 5.0. I'm not as impressed with it as I had hoped. Mileage is decent, but it lacks in the towing dept. I know what is the way the truck is setup though. Ford just replaced a MAF sensor on mine that was a complete failure, not caused by debris or anything. Could have been a fluke, time will tell. My dad has an ecoboost and it doesn't get near the mileage as ford tries to say they do.

Comment

My brother inlaw is works in ford service. He says there are 20 ecoboost for every 1 5.0 in for repairs. That was enough to make me choose the 5.0.

Comment

Working...
                              X