Tiger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiger

Im a big Tiger fan but how many times can you withdraw because you are playing bad? I understand if you are really hurt but there was no mention of back injury while he was moving up the leaderboard and shooting 65 yesterday. Without research Im gonna go out on a limb and say Jack didnt WD 7 times in his career. Grow a pair and finish Eldrick.

I agree, he is making himself easy to hate. Go Jordan Spieth!!

Comment

I'm sure he was dealing with some pain. The question is though is it worth it to play through the pain and possibly have a set back? Everybody is different just curious if he would have withdrew if he were playing better.

Comment

Originally posted by C-beck View Post
        I'm sure he was dealing with some pain. The question is though is it worth it to play through the pain and possibly have a set back? Everybody is different just curious if he would have withdrew if he were playing better.
        If he was playing with pain? Seriously man, tiger hits balls every dang day. He knew...

Comment

My thought is 1/2 swing it to the house and finish. I understand his thought is win or bust and if really hurting shut it down only because he can afford it but what does that teach all of the up and comers that admire him? If your having a bad day pull a booker?

Comment

I agree, unless there is no other option, nut up and finish. Once your known to back out, that is not a good trait to have. Again, go Spieth!

Comment

Once known as the best finisher ever now known as the biggest "quitter" ever in PC terms. #disappointed. CMON TIGER

Comment

It's hitting a golf ball. Tiger could swing left handed and beat me in a round. I don't know that he's looking at it the same way, but he is in a sense showing that its okay to quit. Never been a tiger fan in my life

Comment

I'm sure he will get treatment out the ying-yang and show up to Augusta and dominate.

Comment

Originally posted by C-beck View Post
                    I'm sure he will get treatment out the ying-yang and show up to Augusta and dominate.
                    And I bet if it was a Augusta he wouldn't have withdrawn

Comment

I agree 100%..Rory is prob happy Tiger withdrew to take a little of the heat off him for blowing up down the stretch. Felt bad for him

Comment

Tiger will never be the same until he gets his Scotty Cameron back in his bag. It was his crutch he no longer has due to his infidelity.

Comment

Originally posted by gooch View Post
                          Im a big Tiger fan but how many times can you withdraw because you are playing bad? I understand if you are really hurt but there was no mention of back injury while he was moving up the leaderboard and shooting 65 yesterday. Without research Im gonna go out on a limb and say Jack didnt WD 7 times in his career. Grow a pair and finish Eldrick.
                          Get real. He's not going to nor should he risk creating a bigger problem with Augusta 5-6 weeks away. He has a pretty heavy schedule in the Florida swing leading up to Augusta. Pulling out was prudent. He's been a grinder his whole life and played with a broken leg to win a US Open. Doubt he WD because he was playing bad. He's an aging athlete that has likely peaked. It's normal for him to breakdown more than in the past. If you're really a big tiger fan, you'll appreciate the events he plays and good rounds he shoots. There will be less of those in years to come.

Comment

Even if he did quit because he was playing bad, he should have tried to tough it out, but we have no idea how much pain he was in. Also, if he was in severe pain, why risk the rest of your year, would you? Back pain and spasms can hit you in a flash and if you have never experienced it (which some of you obviously never have) it is not a very good feeling and can limit you in everything you do during the day. I have ended up in the hospital 4 times from episodes like this so I do know what it feels like.

Comment

Compelling stat: 0.

That's the number of majors won by Tiger since the PGA Tour started testing for PEDs.

Comment

Working...
                              X