Which UTV would you buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdperry88 View Post
    IMO, can't go wrong with a Ranger once you get rid of the squeaking. I like the new Honda Pioneers, but don't like the fact that to use the 4 seats, you eliminate use of the bed.

This was big for me as well. Bench only hate the seat deal on the utv's

Comment

Originally posted by Cabela View Post
      This was big for me as well. Bench only hate the seat deal on the utv's
      If Honda would put a Pioneer out with 4 seats without taking up the bed, I would try one out for sure. I have an old Honda rancher that they are going to have to bury with me!

Comment

Check out the new yamaha viking! Id trade my ranger 500 for a new viking any day! And i really like my ranger.

Comment

I have a Ranger 800 crew and its an awesome machine. I've taken it through some rough country and its never missed a beat. As others have said the squeaking is very annoying. I added grease zerks to all of the bushings in the A-arms and it made a world of difference. It rides much quieter now.
          The Honda Pioneer is the only other UTV I'd consider. Once they come out with a true 4 seater then I'll really be interested.

Comment

Have a Kawasaki Mule 3010 with 1,200 hard hours on it. New U joints and one wheel bearing at 1,000 hours. Belt was changed between 750-1000 for preventative only. Good to go other that that.

I hear alot of people say how awesome their rig is, but no one says how many hours they have on them.

I would like to hear others that have UTV's with +1,000 hours on them and what they have done.

Btw, ALOT of my driving is in extremely muddy areas to flooded areas. I haven't had a belt issue yet, but only a matter of time I am sure.
            Last edited by Greenheadless; 01-21-2014, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
              Have a Kawasaki Mule 3010 with 1,200 hard hours on it. New U joints and one wheel bearing at 1,000 hours. Belt was changed between 750-1000 for preventative only. Good to go other that that.

I hear alot of people say how awesome their rig is, but no one says how many hours they have on them.

I would like to hear others that have UTV's with +1,000 hours on them and what they have done.

Btw, ALOT of my driving is in extremely muddy areas to flooded areas. I haven't had a belt issue yet, but only a matter of time I am sure.
              The Mule was named properly, it is a mule, I had three of them, I think I had at least 700 hours on each before I traded them, I stepped up to the Teryx for the ride and the speed, it will flat out haul butt and rides like a dream. Kawasaki makes a great product.

Comment

IMO Ranger. We have an 800 and an 800 crew, both with over 1200 miles on them. We use them for duck hunting, running through 2' - 3' of water, hunting in west Texas and for general ranch work. We haven't really found a limitation. I used the fingers out of old leather gloves to stop the squeaking. Also, FWIW I live in North East Texas which is heavily wooded, and really haven't any issues of getting around. It is much wider than a fourwheeler, but you just adjust for that.

Comment

Working...
                X