Guest Mistake Stories...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ETX_REAPER View Post
    A few years ago on my dads ranch we allowed my cousin and one of his friends to go spotlighting. They were driving around and came up on one of the mud holes the pigs are always seen in. They take the spotlight and start shinning the mud hole and see eyes, naturally my cousin gets his rifle ready and shoots the biggest hog he had ever seen. They walked up on the massive hog and find that the hog just so happens to be my dads Angus Bull. At Least they were willing to tell us what had happened instead of pretending like they didn't do it.
    I hate to think how many cattle die this way and people never fess up

Comment

Originally posted by ETX_REAPER View Post
      A few years ago on my dads ranch we allowed my cousin and one of his friends to go spotlighting. They were driving around and came up on one of the mud holes the pigs are always seen in. They take the spotlight and start shinning the mud hole and see eyes, naturally my cousin gets his rifle ready and shoots the biggest hog he had ever seen. They walked up on the massive hog and find that the hog just so happens to be my dads Angus Bull. At Least they were willing to tell us what had happened instead of pretending like they didn't do it.
      I've heard several stories similar to this before. I'd imagine it happens more than we think.

Comment

I was hunting at a buddy's place this weekend. We were all supposed to be shooting does.........One guy killed a spike and a nubbin. Nobody was mad at him or anything but his response was comical "I just can't for the life of me figure out how people are supposed to be able to see the difference between a nubbin buck and a doe at 70 yards". I just said "it happens" and walked off. Now if this was my place, I would of been pretty steamed but the land owner was cool and just let it go.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
          I was hunting at a buddy's place this weekend. We were all supposed to be shooting does.........One guy killed a spike and a nubbin. Nobody was mad at him or anything but his response was comical "I just can't for the life of me figure out how people are supposed to be able to see the difference between a nubbin buck and a doe at 70 yards". I just said "it happens" and walked off. Now if this was my place, I would of been pretty steamed but the land owner was cool and just let it go.
          Quality Optics sure help

Comment

Simple If you don't know can't tell then don't shoot!

Comment

And some people wonder why Hunter Orange is a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by TransPecos View Post
                Update on my story. I sent Dad a text telling him my handyman charged me $115 to fix the bullethole. His response was to send me copies of 2 receipts; one from HEB and one from a $22 lunch be bought at Whataburger. Then asked “Send me your Venmo Rabbi.”

Narcissistic Personality Disorder much?
                Wow...this one just keeps getting better and better.
                Originally posted by Big Red 82 View Post
                Had a good friend that needed meat so I let him sit with his son. I usually accompany but thought I could trust him. Doe only was the hit. I gave him 2 to shoot. Plenty of meat if he got them. Ummmm. I hear a bang and a text followed I got a nice doe. It was early I told him to keep his seat it was cold and early shoot his second if one steps out. I will be there around 10:00. After 9;00 boom followed by a text I got her I got her. 2 doe down thank you so much my son is so excited. Thank you. I go get em. Ummmmmm no doe. A yearling spike and a yearling 6 point. And the excuses ensued. He is banned from any lease I have. Never trust them.
                Wait.....what? What kind of excuses did he offer? I can kinda understand the “nubbin buck” mistakes we all hear about but wth?

Comment

Pretty sure I've said this 3 times already on this thread but people are absolutely stupid as hell, or blind as a bat when it comes to this mistake. It's unbelievable how often it happens lol

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    I read it as " this is me not setting your dumbass on fire and ridding society of a piece of **** that is either too stupid to breathe the same oxygen as the rest of us or a giant spoiled ***-hole that jad no discipline as a kid and grew into a giant extra large doooooosh bag... this is me banning you , your family, and anyone that shared an elevator with you from this property."

This response is perfect...love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                      I hate to think how many cattle die this way and people never fess up
                      An older lady on a neighboring ranch to us allowed a couple of guys to sell Hog Hunts to folks out of Houston. I don't even know what she charged them, but I do know that when one of them shot a cow, he was charged $3000. I offered the same boys the opportunity to sell hunts on my place....they could kill the whole **** herd of cattle at those prices.

Comment

I got a new one from last night. I'm just a hog eradicator there so I don't shoot deer and have no say in the deer hunting, but no does are allowed to be shot
                        One of the lease members took his cousin out for hogs and bucks. Sat him in a stand I usually see pigs at and came back to camp. I was there just to be there with no plans to hunt and just grillimg some fajitas. Just before dark, the lease member went to pick up his charge and I heard a shot at last light.
                        Back at camp. There was a 2yo doe on the tailgate and the cousin said he thought it was a pog when he shot...
                        To make matters worse it was a terrible shot, lucky kill.
                        I said nothing about the doe, not my place. My bro (paying deer hunter) arrives at aboutbthe same time and I could tell he was about to blow a gasket. The other leader member said, my guest, my fault. I have no idea how that will get settled.
                        As they were talking, I asked the shooter if the doe moved to cause that shot (above kidneys, spine hit). He said no, he just sighted in the rifle during the hunt... I asked him how he did that. He proudly said he used a laser bore sighter and adjusted the crosshairs to it. It saves ammo and is just as good as traditional sighting in.

I walked away from him then. Left him talking and told the paying lease members what he had done.
                        Left the beef on the grill and just drove away.
                        I'm kind of curious as to what happened after.

And then today, more funny than anything though. Bro nephew and I went back out after hogs. My nephew was able to take one. Unfortunately, it was a domestic/fresh escapee potbelly. It didn't smell, wasn't even dusty yet. And when cameras were checked after the hunt; well it's had been hanging out with a neighbor's dog that comes into the lease every couple weeks. Can't fault my nephew though, shooting a red dot at dusk, he never noticed it wasn't a real wild pig. And besides, I was asked to kill every pig I saw. I don't know if any of the neighbors HAD a pet potbelly...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

ttt

Comment

I would never hunt with someone sitting with me. It takes the fun out of it.

Plus I could never afford those high dollar leases that babysit their hunters.

Just my $0.02

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                              I would never hunt with someone sitting with me. It takes the fun out of it.

Plus I could never afford those high dollar leases that babysit their hunters.

Just my $0.02
                              Most of these are on private land or small leases. Failure to follow rules happens any and everywhere

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Any good Season Finale Stories?

Comment

Working...
                                X