Guest Mistake Stories...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chasin Bacon View Post
    I see both sides of it. Yes they're guests and it's a privilege for them to even be there on that land participating in that hunt and to some degree there being there even takes away from paid members. But for some of theses guests they aren't intentionally trying to rape the land and pilfer those resources, the guests just may not be as experienced of hunters or their only exposure to hunting was on places where there is no emphasis on management (what we use to call the tradition of hunting). Those guests should have been up front about that detail but then again for some of these guests it's a case of they may not know what they don't know.

I think there are a lot of leases out there that place more emphasis on the deer herd than the hunter's hunting them. It's kinda like living in a neighborhood with a bad HOA.
    There is a difference between a mistake and willful disregard of rules. Nothing to do with management. Some of these people were on doe hunts and shoot bucks. Dove hunt and shoot a deer. Those folks need to be made to pay

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
      There is a difference between a mistake and willful disregard of rules. Nothing to do with management. Some of these people were on doe hunts and shoot bucks. Dove hunt and shoot a deer. Those folks need to be made to pay

Yeah something like that would definitely be a disregard for the rules.

Comment

Up

Comment

Just to let y'all know.... because of this thread...I think i bugged the landowner i was asking him so many questions about specifics just to make sure i didn't shoot anything he didn't want me to on my last hunt!

Comment

Yall ever had that one friend that is the biggest mooch and never did anything at the lease? Then acts as if he is the great white hunter. Driving me crazy. I just know one day his ego will get the best of him and he will kill something he isn't supposed to kill.

Comment

Any new ones? Ones y'all've heard from others?

Comment

Bump

Comment

I was hunting a family friends place in Rockdale. Close to 10k acres. They are on MLD (don't know which level) but I go out there every year and take a couple of does with my bow. If you know what you are doing (not saying I am an expert) but you can get set up in the right spot on the ground and they will funnel right to you at 10-20 yards. I was sitting next to the creek where I knew they would be coming through. I had a little doe walk right past me at about 8 yards. Then I see a big girl coming in and I get ready to draw. As soon as I do I catch something else in my sight there was about a 160 inch Ten point. I freak out and hit my release. Oh crap. I missed the buck and hit the doe I was suppose to shoot. Bump for more stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Geraldg6 View Post
                    Yall ever had that one friend that is the biggest mooch and never did anything at the lease? Then acts as if he is the great white hunter. Driving me crazy. I just know one day his ego will get the best of him and he will kill something he isn't supposed to kill.
                    ^^^^^Yes.

In college I was on a lease in Crockett county, 5000 acres, and we could bring guest to shoot doe's. One guy brought a friend to shoot a doe. To hear this guy talk you would think he was God's gift to hunting. Long story short, he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, he finally gut shot a doe and never recovered her. To top it all off, he put down a buck my buddy shot on the last morning. The buck was a 6.5 year old 9pt that scored around 130", and the "friend" said it was young, and he'd seen several bucks that morning that were bigger, ha! He was never asked back.

Comment

Originally posted by wtb90 View Post
                      So did you get kicked off?
                      Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      Sucks that you got kicked off because of that
                      Yes I did for the rest of that season. The members voted to let me back on for the next season though.

Comment

Sweet thread!

Comment

TTT for some good reads

Comment

I had a group of guys come to hunt hogs from North Dakota (now they are some of my really good friends) and the old man (pappy) was hunting by himself and had some monster pigs come in. Get a phone call from him because he shot the biggest big he had ever seen. Get to when he shot the pig and pappy actually shot about a 600 cow. Lol pappy doesn't hunt by himself anymore.

Comment

I split a lease with some coaches one time...I was lease boss but they took half the spots. Boy that was a mistake. One coach shot two different lease members at two different times quail hunting. Had to take one guy to Uvalde and get his eye popped out so they could get the shot out from behind it. Another coach shot a cow. Needless to say those guys were one and done on my lease.

Comment

Dang! Don't even want to think too hard about that eyeball-popping-out part.

Comment

Working...
                                X