Guest Mistake Stories...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
    Not in line with the rest of the stories but I'll share something from yesterday at the office.

I work for the State as a Parole Officer. A fellow officer had an offender in his office yesterday and he was going through the guy's pictures on his phone. Came across an LDP of a deer and the conversation went like this:

Offender: Oh and that's the deer I got last weekend!
    Officer: Oh yeah, what you get it with?
    Offender: .30-06

OOOOPS!

That is greatness!

Comment

Not in line with the rest of the stories but I'll share something from yesterday at the office.

I work for the State as a Parole Officer. A fellow officer had an offender in his office yesterday and he was going through the guy's pictures on his phone. Came across an LDP of a deer and the conversation went like this:

Oh really, tell me more about the while I re-book you in .

Comment

? Am I missing something here? That's a legitimate deer round

Comment

Nevermind. He was on parole.

Comment

Bump for a good cause

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron who? View Post
              "Integrity means doing the right thing, even when no one is watching."

There's nothing wrong with an *honest* mistake, we've all been there. But some of these stories of intentional and selfish rule breaking blow my mind. This is why we are careful who we invite out to the property. Excellent thread fellas.
              I'm with ya. It blows my mind exactly how stern and exact you have to be with some people just to get them to respect the fact they are guests hunting on a property they really have nothing to do with.

Comment

one of my guest last weekend started talking that ish.. and proceeded to give him an arswhoopin and isnt ever allowed back. seems like a guest mistake to me

Comment

Whoops. Lol... Thats a good one. Id love to have seen his reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by castlegaphunter View Post
                    one of my guest last weekend started talking that ish.. and proceeded to give him an arswhoopin and isnt ever allowed back. seems like a guest mistake to me
                    I'm confused...

Comment

Originally posted by castlegaphunter View Post
                      Details or it didnt happen

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                        I'm confused...
                        He's a tough guy with serious arsewhoop skills

Comment

this is way better than working... lol uh oh gtg

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
                            I'm with ya. It blows my mind exactly how stern and exact you have to be with some people just to get them to respect the fact they are guests hunting on a property they really have nothing to do with.
                            I see both sides of it. Yes they're guests and it's a privilege for them to even be there on that land participating in that hunt and to some degree there being there even takes away from paid members. But for some of theses guests they aren't intentionally trying to rape the land and pilfer those resources, the guests just may not be as experienced of hunters or their only exposure to hunting was on places where there is no emphasis on management (what we use to call the tradition of hunting). Those guests should have been up front about that detail but then again for some of these guests it's a case of they may not know what they don't know.

I think there are a lot of leases out there that place more emphasis on the deer herd than the hunter's hunting them. It's kinda like living in a neighborhood with a bad HOA.

Comment

Deer hunting guests, even if just for does, do not sit alone, period.
                              If a hog hunting guest shoots a deer, GW will be called for poaching. Guests are informed up front.
                              Never actually took him hunting, but one guy always bugged me to let him hog hunt. If I would've taken him hog hunting, I would've sat in the blind with him and handed him a shell when it was time to shoot a hog.

Comment

Originally posted by Chasin Bacon View Post
                                I see both sides of it. Yes they're guests and it's a privilege for them to even be there on that land participating in that hunt and to some degree there being there even takes away from paid members. But for some of theses guests they aren't intentionally trying to rape the land and pilfer those resources, the guests just may not be as experienced of hunters or their only exposure to hunting was on places where there is no emphasis on management (what we use to call the tradition of hunting). Those guests should have been up front about that detail but then again for some of these guests it's a case of they may not know what they don't know.

I think there are a lot of leases out there that place more emphasis on the deer herd than the hunter's hunting them. It's kinda like living in a neighborhood with a bad HOA.
                                I see you know where I live

Comment

Working...
                                X