No announcement yet.

Pre-Rut Freestone County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am pretty sure, from what I have seen around the house, talking to neighbors and being in the woods that the peak of the rut has already come and gone. Third week in October was full boil, things have slowed considerably. I think second cycle should be kicking in soon, probably another week or two.
    Last edited by texan16; 11-08-2016, 11:53 AM. Reason: revised

Comment

I just hope it picks up this weekend..lol.

Comment

Texan16 is right on, most all the mature does around my place have been bred. Bucks not even bothering them anymore. I watched a buck checking out the young does last night in the food plot and they wanted nothing to do with him, he just sniffed and ran. I agree it will pick up again in the next few weeks thru Thanksgiving.

Comment

Freestone county update from the weekend. My dad hunted my stand this weekend while I was stuck in the office and had some pretty good luck. Saw a decent shooter buck cruising Friday evening but let him walk. Saturday morning he had a doe come out in the opening with a good 9-point in pursuit and he got the buck. The doe just stood in the opening after he shot and out of the woods came another buck just as big to chase the doe!

Comment

Originally posted by GWilly View Post
            Freestone county update from the weekend. My dad hunted my stand this weekend while I was stuck in the office and had some pretty good luck. Saw a decent shooter buck cruising Friday evening but let him walk. Saturday morning he had a doe come out in the opening with a good 9-point in pursuit and he got the buck. The doe just stood in the opening after he shot and out of the woods came another buck just as big to chase the doe!

Got a picture of it? I hunt in Fairfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah I hunt in Fairfield also. I'd like to see the buck.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter817 View Post
                Yeah I hunt in Fairfield also. I'd like to see the buck.
                Me 3..... lets see him!!!

Comment

It appears I am not allowed to post attachments to the forum yet. I'm a relatively new member over here!

Comment

It appears I am not allowed to post attachments to the forum yet. I'm a relatively new member over here!
                    Well post a few more times so you show us that picture. Even non-Freestone County hunters wanna see it.

Comment

Any pics yet?

Comment

We only seen 3 doe all weekend it was very slow

Comment

Here is the pic. He's no monster, but it's good to see my dad get one after he's been skunked the prior 2-3 years. I was out this weekend and didn't see much at all.
                          Attached Files

Comment

He's a happy man. Tell him congrats. Nice buck

Comment

Here is the pic. He's no monster, but it's good to see my dad get one after he's been skunked the prior 2-3 years. I was out this weekend and didn't see much at all.
                              Congrats to your dad, he did good !!!!

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll relay the kind messages!

Comment

Working...
                                X