Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Nilgai Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's mine from 2004 when I ran a lease on the Kennedy. Took 3 well placed 338 RUM bullets in the boiler room. He was 10 3/4" on both sides.
    The King Ranch is prolly the best bang for your buck. You can split the day fee amongst friends and then only pay the trophy on your animal.
    I have the itching to shoot another. This time with my bow.
    Attached Files

Comment

So what does it cost in most places to kill one. I'd rather shoot one with a bow, but I would use a rifle if I had too. When is the rut ?

Comment

This is a hunt definitely on my list.

Comment

The rut is January/February, if using a bow and wanting to spot and stalk one this is a great time to do it. I have had clients shoot them from 40 to 15 yards with a bow during this time. Rifle or bow these animals are tougher then ppl think and I guide hunts on them year round. Also my wife and kids favorite table fair.

Comment

I want, I want, I want!! I've kicked around the idea of booking a cow hunt

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGArchery View Post
              So what does it cost in most places to kill one. I'd rather shoot one with a bow, but I would use a rifle if I had too. When is the rut ?
              From what I've found, the going rate for a bull is about $2500 give or take. Some places charge an all inclusive fee, some do it by day. There are many ranches near Raymondville that do hunts; El Sauz,Yturria, and El Canelo all have nice accommodations.

Summer is a good time to bowhunt nilgai. A tank or watering hole in June/July is the easiest way to get close enough to a bull to arrow him.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaw15 View Post
                From what I've found, the going rate for a bull is about $2500 give or take. Some places charge an all inclusive fee, some do it by day. There are many ranches near Raymondville that do hunts; El Sauz,Yturria, and El Canelo all have nice accommodations.

Summer is a good time to bowhunt nilgai. A tank or watering hole in June/July is the easiest way to get close enough to a bull to arrow him.

That's about right. By the time you tip your guide, pay for processing and the mount for a bull you will be between $4000 and $5000. Oh and don't forget the added expense for a new freezer if yours is almost full or all your have is a fridge/freezer combo in the house

Comment

Yea BABY!!! Emailed yesterday about the KING ranch couples hunt in July. Hopefully I get the invite if one couple does not commit. My wife don't hunt but it would be a great getaway chasing a blue bull!!!

Comment

The King Ranch is the best deal out there....Call Josie Hinojosa at 361-221-0350....you will pay a fee to hunt per day and a fee if you take a cow or bull.....still around $2000 total if you kill....bowhunters should book for 3 days so the price will go up on the per day rate....

Comment

Here is mine. I hunted them about 15 or 16 times....finally got one.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Chunky did I miss that??

Comment

Ok thanks to all, I got it down, now I need to make plans I'm going to shoot one of those critters.

Comment

With a trad bow at that too Chunky! Nice bull. This is giving me the itch in a bad way

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                              If you like to read, find a book called "if you love me you will do my will"

it tells the story of how the mission de oblates and the catholic church came to acquire the Main Part of the La Parra, and details the events surrounding Sarita East's death and the transfer of ownership of the ranch.

interesting read
                              I have the same book! My grandfather worked for Ms. East as the veterinarian on that pasture. He took the time to highlight the names in the book and made little notes about how he knew them and where he met them. Very interesting read. Ms. East gave him a desk from the barn that he later used when teaching at TAMU and now my Dad has it in his office.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                                Chunky did I miss that??
                                That was back in 09.

Comment

Working...
                                X