Nilgai Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilgai

My dad killed this one a couple weeks ago in Freer Texas, he killed it at 462 yards!!!I have been 3 times to this ranch and all 3 times we have got one.( It normally does not work that way) Its not an easy hunt and the last hunt we killed this one on the last day headed back to camp. Make sure you can shoot off of shooting sticks for sure!! I have taken my son twice and my dad once! I might shoot one next
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by klawdogg View Post
      Leaving tomorrow for my Saturday Nilgai hunt at the King Ranch weather looks to be cold and raining ...
      Don't pass on any bulls. With cold, rainy weather they bed up and you won't see many up and around. Once you jump them (pickup or walking), they run to another county. Don't let your guide speed walk through the place just because it's raining. Make him hunt.

Comment

Kevin I saw your going back for a redo did they let you reschedule do to weather or just paying for another day ?

Comment

.50 cal is what you need to know, according to the other nilgai threads I've seen.

Comment

Nilgai

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
            .50 cal is what you need to know, according to the other nilgai threads I've seen.
            We have killed 2 with a 300 Weatherby ( these 2 ran)

my dad dropped his with a 6.5-284

Comment

Originally posted by klawdogg View Post
              Kevin I saw your going back for a redo did they let you reschedule do to weather or just paying for another day ?
              Paid!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

killed this one with a 338 edge at 425yd

Got this one with a 375 rum at about 450. Things are tough and can soak up some lead

Comment

Originally posted by DEADEYE1 View Post
                  My dad killed this one a couple weeks ago in Freer Texas, he killed it at 462 yards!!!I have been 3 times to this ranch and all 3 times we have got one.( It normally does not work that way) Its not an easy hunt and the last hunt we killed this one on the last day headed back to camp. Make sure you can shoot off of shooting sticks for sure!! I have taken my son twice and my dad once! I might shoot one next
                  Whereabouts in Freer? Didn’t know there were nilgai around there

Comment

Subscribe

Comment

Killed a bull last week with Jt safari outfitters. They have hunting areas from port Mansfield all the way to the arroyo. Great price and a really cool hunt. These guys worked for koyote Barrera before starting their own gig.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                        Killed a bull last week with Jt safari outfitters. They have hunting areas from port Mansfield all the way to the arroyo. Great price and a really cool hunt. These guys worked for koyote Barrera before starting their own gig.
                        I would highly recommend nick with JT safaris

Comment

Working...
                        X